Community
Wiki Posts
Search

savage 25 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default savage 25 wont start

My savage has been sitting for about a year and I am trying to get it started again. I have fuel flow all the way to the engine I have a brand new glow plug in it I have brand new fuel in it. It fired up once but was running on its own and when I hit the throttle it cut out, but that was only for about 5 seconds. And it wont catch again to start. The remote and receiver are both switched on. Can anyone help or think of another problem that might be going on?
Old 12-13-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Looks like you have 2 different problems.

Originally Posted by arrigoni003
My savage has been sitting for about a year and I am trying to get it started again. I have fuel flow all the way to the engine I have a brand new glow plug in it I have brand new fuel in it. It fired up once but was running on its own and when I hit the throttle it cut out, but that was only for about 5 seconds.?
This one is a tuning problem, when you hit the throttle at low speed and it cuts out, chances are you are too rich on your LSN. If it's blowing tons of smoke and choking out it's too rich, if it's reving up for a second and sounding like chewbaka from star wars before it dies it's too lean.

Originally Posted by arrigoni003
And it wont catch again to start. The remote and receiver are both switched on. Can anyone help or think of another problem that might be going on?
You have to pull out the one way bearing (OWB) out and clean it. I like to clean mine in a cap full of nitro, re-oil it with some 1.1 car oil and re-install it.

Once you do the OWB first, next time you get your engine fired let it warm up a bit at idle before you go and pull any throttle. When you go to pull some throttle after its warmed up, pull it lightly and see if you can lightly get a full pull out of it. Let us know what happens.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by got_nitro
if it's reving up for a second and sounding like chewbaka from star wars before it dies it's too lean..
That's fricken hilarious, I love it. Going to use that one, great way to describe it.