Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ADVISE ON TRUCK TIRES FOR E REVO

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default ADVISE ON TRUCK TIRES FOR E REVO

I GOT A EREVO BRUSHLESS AND THE STOCK TALON TIRES BOUCE AND LOSE SHAPE WHEN I GET UP TO SPEED, SO I ORDERED A SET OF PROLINE BIG JOES AND THEY ARE WORSE. BOTH SETS HOP MORE THAN I LIKE.

DO THE TRENCHERS OR BADLANDS HOLD THERE SHAPE BETTER AND REDUCE THE HOPPING.. OR WHAT SET OF LARGE BASHER TIRES WORK THE BEST.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ND-RC-ND
I GOT A EREVO BRUSHLESS AND THE STOCK TALON TIRES BOUCE AND LOSE SHAPE WHEN I GET UP TO SPEED, SO I ORDERED A SET OF PROLINE BIG JOES AND THEY ARE WORSE. BOTH SETS HOP MORE THAN I LIKE.

DO THE TRENCHERS OR BADLANDS HOLD THERE SHAPE BETTER AND REDUCE THE HOPPING.. OR WHAT SET OF LARGE BASHER TIRES WORK THE BEST.
I like the revo 3.3 setup wheels.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If you tape the inside of the tire, it reduces ballooning, my trenchers on my e-lst are taped and they don't balloon, and they hook up well.

Last edited by honda237; 11-24-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

You can tape them...and it worked for me...BUT I heard some of the guys say and witness that the tape soon or later gets lose and really gets the tape and foam unbalanced...so now in days I don't now.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If you wash the inside of the tires with dawn before taping, and use gorilla tape, the tape job should last. Try to avoid getting the tires soaking wet, too.

Washing the inside of the tires removes the lubricant applied to the tires during the molding process. When it's left on, it does its job well and doesn't allow the tape to adhere to the tire.

For E Revo tires, match the tires to what you're doing most often. If you're doing speed runs on asphalt, Road Rage or Phaultlines are great tires.

General bashing, Badlands or Trenchers. ProLine has released a redesigned Trencher X that looks like it will be a great bashing tire. I'll know next week when mine get here.

Regardless of what you choose, if you're running 4s or 6s LiPos, you're going to get ballooning at higher speeds. Especially if you don't tape the wheels.