Wiki Posts
Search

3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!

many of you know i bought a lot of upgrade parts for my t maxx. well, i started the teardown tonight. i posted some pics of what i done so far. still got the front and rear to take off. as i strip the maxx down, im going to clean the chasis, engine, and anything else i will be reusing. check all my bearings, screws,etc.... i will clean up all the parts that were already on, before they go back on. the first pic is the parts i removed and will reuse in the box. i will take pics as i go. enjoy!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-001.jpg   3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-002.jpg   3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-003.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

for those who dont know what all will be on my t maxx when im done, here is a list!!!

blue aluminum integy front & rear bulkheads
blue rpm a-arms and blue rpm true trac in rear
blue alum. traxxas pivot ball caps
blue alum. traxxas wheel hexes
blue alum. traxxas servo mounts
mip clutch shoes
traxxas blue aluminum wheel nuts
blue body clips
blue rpm bulkhead braces
blue rpm lower shock cups
8-blue dual rate springs
blue rpm body mounts
blue rpm shock towers
dynamite big daddy fuel filter
blue rpm shock spacers
blue rpm bumpers f&r
integy blue alum. lower chasis braces
traxxas blue alum. shock caps
traxxas 2075 waterproof digital servos
rd logics blue aluminum bumper mounts
blue rpm bearing carriers
robinson racing blue aluminum flywheel
blue aluminum servo horns for both servos
proline 40 series bow ties with proline 40 series rims
integy blue alum. throttle/brake servo guard
blue aluminum throttle bellcrank
blue aluminum fuel tank lid
cpv racing blue aluminum fuel tank guard
blue aluminum hot racing turnbuckles up front with blue rpm rod ends
rrp heavy duty blue aluminum back slipper plate
3 piece blue rpm skid plates
robinson racing 22t x-tra hard clutchbell
traxxas high performance brake disc part #5364x
integy blue aluminum steering bellcrank
integy blue alum. reciever box
traxxas 2.4ghz. rx/tx
traxxas big bore shocks
traxxas blue aluminum brake adapter
large motor saver air filter
traxxas cvd driveshafts part #5451r
rb innovations blue fuel line pinch clamp
8 traxxas alum. pivot balls
integy blue alum. gearbox collars
reedy 1600mah 5 cell battery
traxxas 1200mah 5 cell battery
traxxas center cvd driveshafts part #4949r
robinson racing 58t steel slipper/spur gear
rd logics blue aluminum fuel tank
integy blue alum. battery box
integy blue alum. gearbox-front & rear
rrp high perf. diff gear set-front & rear
integy braided fuel line
rrp steel tranny gear set-#8002
traxxas on-board digital temp gauge

Last edited by ckblood05; 11-18-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

B..i..t..i..n..g t..o..u..n..g..................................... .................................................. .................................................. ..........................
Old 11-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This is cool. Can't wait to see the finish product
Old 11-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

last night i took the rest of the parts off. i put on the blue aluminum steering bellcrank. now i gotta clean everything up, and start putting back together! i will put some more pics.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default pics

heres some pics of it now. the parts on the table will all be for sale once i clean them up!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-001.jpg   3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-002.jpg   3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-003.jpg  
Old 11-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default engine pic and ??

as you can see i put the pull start on but i noticed the top of the piston is pretty burnt. is that normal, or am i running to lean/rich?? thanks for any input!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

forgot the pic,lol
Attached Thumbnails 3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-rsz_1picture.jpg  
Old 11-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default fuel tank & guard pic

i put the rd logics aluminum fuel tank and the aluminum tank guard on. i have a aluminum fuel tank lid, but it didnt fit right on this tank. so i ordered another, different blue aluminum lid. if it dont fit, the stock black plastic lid does fit. but im hoping the one i ordered will work.
Attached Thumbnails 3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-001.jpg   3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-002.jpg  
Old 11-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

im wondering am i going to need to use some parts/gears out of the stock tranny and diffs? i bought the rd logics aluminum tranny with the rrp gear set. and the front and rear diffs are integy aluminum diffs with rrp gear sets. but after looking at the assembly guide book i got for my t maxx, theres more gears and parts needed for the trans and diffs. i just hope all the different aftermarket stuff all goes together right im replacing the stock slipper unit with rrp backplate, spur gear with slipper pad. and im using all traxxas cvd driveshafts f & r plus the center cvd's. if anyone has any input, i would appreciate it!
Old 11-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckblood05
im wondering am i going to need to use some parts/gears out of the stock tranny and diffs? i bought the rd logics aluminum tranny with the rrp gear set. and the front and rear diffs are integy aluminum diffs with rrp gear sets. but after looking at the assembly guide book i got for my t maxx, theres more gears and parts needed for the trans and diffs. i just hope all the different aftermarket stuff all goes together right im replacing the stock slipper unit with rrp backplate, spur gear with slipper pad. and im using all traxxas cvd driveshafts f & r plus the center cvd's. if anyone has any input, i would appreciate it!
will i cna tell you that you servo saver that you have on you throttle servo is for the streeing right. You have the 4910 model i think from what it looks like the front center cv will fit fine but but there rear one that you need you have to get 3.3 one the 4908 model and then cut the cup out a littler to get it to move freelly or at least that what i had to do with mine. as for the trans i dont know what you got for it but the revers gear and idel gear can come out it you dont need it unless you want to go back wards when it works
Old 11-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imrob
will i cna tell you that you servo saver that you have on you throttle servo is for the streeing right. You have the 4910 model i think from what it looks like the front center cv will fit fine but but there rear one that you need you have to get 3.3 one the 4908 model and then cut the cup out a littler to get it to move freelly or at least that what i had to do with mine. as for the trans i dont know what you got for it but the revers gear and idel gear can come out it you dont need it unless you want to go back wards when it works
well i put in the integy steering bellcrank. i took off the stock steering bellcrank. i got this t maxx last year from a guy. i think its the 4908 model? well my stock trans is the grey housing with forward only. im keeping it forward only. i got the rd logics blue aluminum tranny housing and the robinson tranny gear set.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

at a stand still
Old 11-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

i just tore down one of my stock diffs. i cleaned everything up and got the robinson gear set and the integy aluminum diff covers. im starting to put the robinson gears in, and the big gear dont go on the diff carrier right. when i tightened the 4 screws that hold the gear on down, i couldnt spin the ring gear. so i loosened up the screws a little, and then it would spin. but im not sure if that how it should be? plus the big robinson gear rubs on the inside of the integy diff cover. theres a little play and when everything goes to the one side, the big ring gear rubs. the tranny gots me confused also. i got the robinson racing complete tranny gear set and the rd logics aluminum tranny case. im not sure how all that goes??? other than the trans and the diff's, i believe i can put the rest of the aftermarket parts on. im thinking about calling hobby town usa and asking if and how much they would charge to do both diff's and the tranny with all my parts.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

The trans is easy, don't waste your money. I just installed the rrp gears in mine. Grey trans case, forward only. One thing you will need is the output shaft from a revo, the shaft that the front and rear driveshafts attach to.

The maxx shaft uses a screw pin to hold the last gear onto it, like what the stock driveshafts use. The rrp gear uses 2 set screws that clamp the last gear onto the shaft. Problem is the stock maxx shaft is smooth and round, the revo shaft has grooves cut into it where the set screws will lock onto.

The new part you need is TRA#5369
It replaces part TRA#5394

Other than that, it's just a matter of removing the snap ring that holds the 2speed one way. If you have the proper pliers for these, it's easy. I did manage to get mine off with regular pliers and a flat head, but it took a lot of time and ingenuity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.