Wiki Posts
Search

3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Snook Man
It’s hard to see for sure in the pics, but it looks like the front diff is installed upside down.
i got it where the screws that hold the diff together are facing the passenger side. i figured it didn't matter which way it went???
Old 12-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

here is a couple pics of the rear. i couldnt put the rear bumper mounts and rpm bumper on. before i had the stock grey bulks, now i got the aluminum integy bulks. the screws that holds the upper arms on are in the way of the bumper mounts to go on the end of the bulkhead. so i just put the rpm bulkhead brace in, i dont need a rear bumper. i mean after all, i dont have reverse,lol.
Attached Thumbnails 3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-001.jpg   3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-002.jpg   3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-003.jpg  
Old 12-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckblood05
i got it where the screws that hold the diff together are facing the passenger side. i figured it didn't matter which way it went???

It does, flipping the diff will make that set of wheel spin the other way. Look at the exploded drawings and be sure you have the diff oriented the same way as pictured.

Been more than one T/EMaxx when put back together, the truck will not more cause one diff was flipped.....
Old 12-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Duster_360
It does, flipping the diff will make that set of wheel spin the other way. Look at the exploded drawings and be sure you have the diff oriented the same way as pictured.

Been more than one T/EMaxx when put back together, the truck will not more cause one diff was flipped.....
yea i hear what your saying. i got both diffs the same way. if they are both the wrong way, can i just switch say the rear diff the other way?
Old 12-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

if they are both the wrong way, can i just switch say the rear diff the other way?
Not unless you get lucky…

Front diff: The screws heads that hold the diff housing together should be on the right side looking at the diff from the front of the truck

Rear diff: The screws heads that hold the diff housing together should be on the right side looking at the diff from the rear of the truck.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Snook Man
Not unless you get lucky…

Front diff: The screws heads that hold the diff housing together should be on the right side looking at the diff from the front of the truck

Rear diff: The screws heads that hold the diff housing together should be on the right side looking at the diff from the rear of the truck.
ok, yea im good on the rear then. the front is wrong. dang! now i gotta take everything apart to change it!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

ok, i switched the front diff around. now its all good! i threw my brand new proline 40 series rims with my brand new proline 40 series bow ties on to see how it will look. and to adjust my camber and toe. the rear is already set because i put on the rpm true track suspension arms. have to say.....looks pretty sweet!!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

heres some pics of what it will look like when completed. everything is pretty much just setting there. but im not sure if its all going to work together? like with that aluminum fuel tank, the engine dont quite fit right. the 4 mounting holes for the engine, the tank is in the way for the engine to mount with them holes. so im going to have to mount the engine first, then put the tank on. the bottom of the tank will sit on top of the engine mount a little. and the tranny looks pretty tight. like the spur gear almost or might hit the tank or the battery box. i wont know for sure until i put everything in and tighten everything down. i hope i can get it all to work together because you gotta admit.....it looks pretty sweet!!!!! but i think i need more blue lol
Attached Thumbnails 3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-001.jpg   3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-002.jpg   3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-003.jpg   3.3 t-maxx teardown/rebuild!!!!-picture-004.jpg  
Old 12-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

i thought now was a good time to go over my engine. i ordered a new header and gasket. when it comes, im going to use some permatex ultra black high temp rtv silicone to seal it. i just got done taking my one way bearing and i soaked it in dynamite magnum force 2 electric motor cleaner for about 15 minutes.then i dried it off and let it set in mobile-1 10w-30 oil for about 5 minutes. then wiped it off and put it back on with the pull starter. and i used the rtv silicone around the pull starter to seal it.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Should have just ordered a THS full header and pipe. It would have woke up that trax mill. That rubber tip is robbin' HP too....
Old 12-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Should have just ordered a THS full header and pipe. It would have woke up that trax mill. That rubber tip is robbin' HP too....
well i did buy a full ths exhaust system, but it was for the .15 engine. i want a ths exhaust system! i just dont have the $$$$ right now. and you talking about my exhaust deflector? everyone runs them. how could that rob me of power? if i blow through the pipe, i can feel the same amount of air coming out as with it off. besides, it helps keep all that oil from getting all over the rear of my truck.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

i want this right here-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Traxxas-...item2eb921b6ae

i just dont understand how the header will mount to my engine? i dont see a flange and the 2 holes for the screws to go into? plus the stock resonator pipe is bent to fit right. this is just straight......

Last edited by ckblood05; 12-08-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

well i did buy a full ths exhaust system, but it was for the .15 engine. i want a ths exhaust system! i just dont have the $$$$ right now. and you talking about my exhaust deflector? everyone runs them. how could that rob me of power? if i blow through the pipe, i can feel the same amount of air coming out as with it off. besides, it helps keep all that oil from getting all over the rear of my truck.
Your pushing exhaust through more piping.

i want this right here-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Traxxas-...item2eb921b6ae

i just dont understand how the header will mount to my engine? i dont see a flange and the 2 holes for the screws to go into? plus the stock resonator pipe is bent to fit right. this is just straight......
You don't use screws to mount it. It's a spring mount. There are 2 holes in the header flange, one U hook on the spring goes in one hole and the spring gets wrapped around the block and into the other hole in the flange on the other side of the header.

See the spring on the side of the block?

Old 12-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Your pushing exhaust through more piping.

You don't use screws to mount it. It's a spring mount. There are 2 holes in the header flange, one U hook on the spring goes in one hole and the spring gets wrapped around the block and into the other hole in the flange on the other side of the header.

See the spring on the side of the block?

yea that makes sense in all about the extra pipe. i did some research on exhaust deflectors and read quite a few people saying it does cut the power down a bit. even on the airplane forums. then some said it dont if its just a straight piece. so some just cut theres down to get rid of the bend. and some said it dont cut enough power to notice. when i get my truck up and running again, i will run it with and with out it and see.

ok, yea i saw that longer spring in the kit. i figured it wrapped around the head. do them springs make for a good seal though? i need the pipe with the side exit stinger and not the one with it on the bottom of the pipe. im trying to make a offer to the guy selling the one i posted above^^^^^
Old 12-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

so these guys are really loosing power huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3KiVRim0rw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieE84...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MurAbQE3dvQ

and theres plenty more!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.