Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
E-Maxx/T-Maxx Parts & Spares Q&A >

E-Maxx/T-Maxx Parts & Spares Q&A

E-Maxx/T-Maxx Parts & Spares Q&A

Old 11-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default E-Maxx/T-Maxx Parts & Spares Q&A

I still have so many questions about my max (Though getting it in my hands has definately made more sence of it)

I also have learnt a lot about the pro's and con's of diferent spare parts.

So I thought it would be worth getting a Thread together for people to share there questions and Discoveries.

No My Truck is so Hopped up it is no longer a Maxx lists, just info about what you have learnt about each of the parts.

Try also to keep the info to First Hand proofs, not second or third hand hearsay.

To start...

Bash Plates.
I have a full set of Duratrax Front Rear and Center Bashplates.
The Center plate has nice tabs that slide under the front and rear plates.
This is both good and bad. On the good side this obviosly means things can't penetrate along the line where the plates meet. On the down side, it means you can not fit the center plate without removing the front And/or rear plates. It also means the tension on all the plates as they are screwed into place is farely high, and a lot of push and shove is necisary to get all of the mount holes to line up on the chassi.

I highly recomend a full center plate of some sort, as mine has taken some big hits which I would rather take on a bash plate than on the drive shaft and/or Chassi Braces.Bash Plates. Bash Plates.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

A Question on Tires.

I want some advice on the best tires for Bashing and racing on diferent serfaces.

The diferent surfacesI have in mind are.

Soft loose dust/dirt.
Hard Pack Dirt.
Grass
Cobbles & Rubble
Old 12-02-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

hmm maybe some proline mulchers
Old 12-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm about to buy a Maxx, I just don't know which to get the "T", or "E". I've never owned a nitro vehicle, but I have a few electrics. So I ask, what are the pros and cons on these two?
Old 12-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

I just don't know which to get the "T", or "E".
Wow Now there is a loaded question.

I can only talk from experiance about the E-Maxx, but by reading accross these forums I think I can give a bit of the view that seems to be held.

T Vs E. The E-Max has more Torque off the line, but once the T gets it's revs spun up it will cain the E. The E is obviosly vastly quiter. so if you want to run it in a built up area without incuring the wrath of your neighbours then it is the way to go.

Nitro Vs Electric. Basicly Nitro has it all over Electric for out and out high end speed. But, you have to break in a Nitro engine (Lots of threads around here covering that) and they have to be tuned and looked after a little more. Apparently once you get them running the Nitro ends up being cheaper in the long run (I can't see it myself but that apears to be the general concensus)

From the reading I have done, I would not buy a T-Maxx. I would be chosing between the HPI Savage or the Traxxas Revo. if I were to move towards Nitro.

For me electric was a desision made because of the fact it is easier. First you have to chose Nitro or electric, what suits your Hobby style. Once you make that desision, then select within the range available for your fuel source.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

LOL...Yea I knew it was a bit of a loaded question. I appreciate your help. I was leaning toward the EMaxx because of the noise and easier maintanance. I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be buying a slow MT that got four min. of run-time because of all the extra weight. As long as I can bash around with it and get some air I'll be happy.

Last edited by killingtime; 12-09-2004 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Yep you can Bash,
Yep you can get some air.
The Insane off the line Torque makes it fun to bash because you can get it's nose in the air almost on demand.

The mainttenance was a big reason for me chosing Electric.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the help!!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

In all fairness lads, in a racing inviroment the E-maxx is fully capable of kicking some nitro booty... with the right batt motor match the E will keep pace at top speed but will get there faster than gas. With the torque of electric the infield or tight corners will dissapear under the E-maxx far faster than it's nitro counterpart. In all honisty I wish I had gone E-maxx insted of T-maxx for simplicity and ease of maintenence.

Robert K. McCartney
Old 12-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

i raced my frineds t maxx with my e across three tennis courts i beat him pretty bad but i was running 14cells
Old 12-14-2004, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Ok, the decision has been made, the Christmas list has been amended, and I will be getting an Emaxx. But as we all know, the quest for more power is always raging, so my next question is.... Who offers BRUSHLESS motor/esc sets for the Emaxx. The one set-up I found from Novak has me a bit concerned with going from two brushed motors to one brushless to push all that weight around. Any help/thoughts?
Old 12-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

You know that a brushless motor and controller will cost more than the E-Max don't you?

I would sugest you see how the Stock Max performs before you start looking at such Fundamental mods and the plant.

From the reading I have done, it appears that a Brushless Motor with all that Torque requires metal drivshafts and Uni or CVD joints. Because the Maxx comes stock with plastic.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Oh yes, I'm well aware of the high costs of the brushless systems. Questions about the brushless systems are really meant for reference after I get the truck. I know, I know....one thing at a time. But thanks for the tip on the metal drivetrain.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

OK, I have some time logged in on the new Emaxx and successfully fried the EVX esc....God giveth and taketh away.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Wow... That didn't take you long...

I have trashed Body parts left righ tand center... but the Electronics don't seem to have flinched.

Tomorow I get my New Allow bulkheads, body rails, and Shock towers, then the only things that wont be alloy are the shocks bumpers and body tray... And let us be honset that is only a matter of time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.