Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My FLM Savage XL OS30 & Many other Goodies

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Default My FLM Savage XL OS30 & Many other Goodies

I've been building 2 Savages for the last few months. One will be geared towards ripping up the Pavement, the other for Offroading. I'm in Canada and I have to order everything, the LSH has no real stock for XLs. I've been going to multiple companies for various parts instead of getting everything from one source, so it's taking time to get both Trucks up and running. So far I'm using one servo box and Tranny to test out everything.

The Truck is Fast (50mph+) and gas the Grunt to wheelie 50yards (could of been further if I had more room) it's only going to get faster

I have 3 engines for the Truck and my 4th new engine should arrive Friday. My current main engine is an OS30VG. It's got 3 gallons throughout it and on it's 4th gallon now it's more powerful then ever. I went through 2 Gallons before really opening her up, and the first gallon was all heat beak in sessions.

The new engine arriving Friday is an LRP30 competition, I've been in love with that engine and had to get one. I also ordered the SpecII backplate and pull start (looking for a roto start option after it arrives.

The running Truck in it's current state

Chassis
FLM HD XL TVPs (Soon to be FLM Extended LCG TVPs)
Alloy Throttle/Brake controls
Integy Gas Tank Guard
GMP gas tank lid

Diffs
Bulletproof Diffs
GMP Savage alloy Bulkheads (2 kit combo, unique with customizing)

Drivetrain
Custom Gearbox 2spd drive/idler gears in 3spd Transmission
HS 3rd gear upgrade
STD Dogbones & cups (soon to be FLM dogbones)
GMP Front Carriers
Integy Rear Carriers
Integy 17mm hub & 18mm offset extensions (wider then a STD XL)

Suspension
GMP Alluminum/Titanium upper arms
Stock lower arms and Shock Towers
Integy MSR8 Shocks (they work good for me)

Engine
OS30VG
HPI HD Heat Sync
HPI HF Intake
Dynamite 086HS Tuned Pipe

Electronics
Futaba 3pl 2.4g Controller/receiver
Futaba S3305 Throttle/Brake Servo
High-Tech 6 something something MG (soon to be HT 945MG) Steering Servo
1700 Battery Pack

Body
Custom All Black GT Gigante
Blast/Goliaths (Friday should Recieve the Tremor/Phaltlines)

Here is a Shot of the Body before I swapped over the bulkheads & 18mm extensions & she's sitting on the Stock wheels

Sitting on the Blast getting ready for the bulkhead swap & custom gears

Here she is almost ready to go out for some testing.

You will notice she's still got 2 stock shocks, that's because I ran out of shock oil & it is taking forever for me to get more, been waiting on my order for over 3 weeks

Tell me what you think of her. This will be basically the Street Spec Truck, the Off Road Truck has STD XL bulkheads & Dogbones and a few other differences. Plus the Current Truck will have the FLM HD XL TVPs swapped out for the FLM Extended LCG TVPs and the Offroading Truck will use the FLM HD XL TVPs.

I have to give Thanks to Savage-Central, they have been crucial in helping a Newb build a set of respectable Trucks, VERY helpfully board to get your Truck Tuned Right, I popped a K5.9 before I got there great help and my OS30VG is more powerful on it's 4th Gallon then ever. Special shout out goes to Groundsky & Stanmonds, couldn't of done it without them & my Truck would be most probably only good for the shelf, now they are Savage Savages

Last edited by Rac3rX; 09-27-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Here are some videos of her in action along the build

Speed Runs (this is with The CEN pipe, she's much smoother and pulls better with the 086 pipe.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Here she is popping wheelies with the 086

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Im running the Stock GT Gigante Body while I finish up the Custom Black Shell.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

What's up? No interest in my truck? That sucks.

And with the Stock Shell

Old 09-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hi.

I will say this, very nice XL. Quick questions for you. I'm about to get my XL new and already have the mid tank mod for it and a Picco. 28 to replace that troublesum 5.9.

My questions are. How long have you had it and have you had any problems with it like diffs issue or any major issues with it that will stop it from running?? Thanks and Congrats on that nice XL..
Old 10-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Real good looking truck, them FLM plates are a work of art. Best looking TVP's out there IMO.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi Rac3rX

I am very interested in what you are building i just got mine and broke in and then i lost 2 servos. the metal gear and the sf-10 so i was checking which servo you are using that i what i am going to buy now and then I wonder for the clutch belt, how many teeth? and what is the temperature when you do wheelies. mine reaches 270F can't have it at lower with a 16 teeth Clutch belt.

okkey thanks let me know..
Old 06-17-2012, 04:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rac3rX
What's up? No interest in my truck? That sucks.

Great lookin' XL! nice work bud