Wiki Posts
Search

motor saver air filter ?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default motor saver air filter ?????

im looking into getting the motor saver air filter for my t-maxx 3.3.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-T-Ma...item2eb705c031

now, can you use the stock filters for these? and do they really improve over the stock 2-stage filter?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

The only way I can see how it can help save your motor very very slightly is because it has the plastic or mesh over the air filter giving it extra protection to stones and dirt chunks. It also says that it is triple stage compatible but i'm not sure how you would put another stage on unless it goes over the plastic casing. In my opinion it isn't any different except bigger so it will be able to contain more dirt before airflow is restricted. I checked the website and it seems like it is a 1/8 scale air filter because of the bigger opening so maybe a larger scale air filter will fit but it doesnt look like the stock t-maxx's. Here's a link to their website below.

http://www.motorsaverfilters.com/tmaxx.htm

Last edited by losifan94; 08-22-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: added website
Old 08-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losifan94
The only way I can see how it can help save your motor very very slightly is because it has the plastic or mesh over the air filter giving it extra protection to stones and dirt chunks. It also says that it is triple stage compatible but i'm not sure how you would put another stage on unless it goes over the plastic casing. In my opinion it isn't any different except bigger so it will be able to contain more dirt before airflow is restricted. I checked the website and it seems like it is a 1/8 scale air filter because of the bigger opening so maybe a larger scale air filter will fit but it doesnt look like the stock t-maxx's. Here's a link to their website below.

http://www.motorsaverfilters.com/tmaxx.htm
yea i mean it looks and sounds great! if i do get it, i can try my air filters to see if they will fit. if not, i can order a 6 pack of them.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Yea I would try it out since it has a mesh cover and is bigger than the stock filter. My friend has a revo and he has to carry an extra air filter with him because when we go bashing sometimes we go where the truck isnt meant(Wet mud) and his air filter clogs up. With the mesh coating it acts as a filter itself against large debree.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Yea I would try it out since it has a mesh cover and is bigger than the stock filter. My friend has a revo and he has to carry an extra air filter with him because when we go bashing sometimes we go where the truck isnt meant(Wet mud) and his air filter clogs up. With the mesh coating it acts as a filter itself against large debree.
yea theres a used one on ebay im bidding on. it come with 2 extra filters also. i hope my filters will fit because i have 3 traxxas ones. but if not, i will buy a few.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Yea airfilters last a few cleanings before they are garbage. Make sure you put air filter oil on them or engine fuel to help trap even more dirt.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Yea airfilters last a few cleanings before they are garbage. Make sure you put air filter oil on them or engine fuel to help trap even more dirt.
yea for sure. i use air filter oil in a spray can. last a long time.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckblood05
yea for sure. i use air filter oil in a spray can. last a long time.
no the stock filter will not fit on them but they do sell them in a 3 stage version all ready check tower hobbies i think that who i got mine form and the inside filter is already oiled. I think it helped my maxx out a lot so there is a bigger sound win you pull it at wot or at least i here the difference
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imrob
no the stock filter will not fit on them but they do sell them in a 3 stage version all ready check tower hobbies i think that who i got mine form and the inside filter is already oiled. I think it helped my maxx out a lot so there is a bigger sound win you pull it at wot or at least i here the difference
ok, well i guess i can just sell the filters i have with the filter housing. thanks for the info!