Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Trouble with Losi 454 engine (won't catch on) >

Trouble with Losi 454 engine (won't catch on)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble with Losi 454 engine (won't catch on)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

I just noticed I have my idle gap set to what looks like less than 1mm. I would keep turning the idle counterclockwise and adjusting the lsn. Turn the lsn out at least 1/4 turn before you do this. I just recently go my new 454 tuned perfectly and it likes a very small gap.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Initiate

i am waiting to get my 1 way bearing to continue my tuning. I hope i can get it right cause i am itching to let it loose

got some yellow springs today as the truck is set too soft out of the box and seems to bottom out easily... but that is a different topic. I want to get the engine tuned out properly 1st.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by danih
i am waiting to get my 1 way bearing to continue my tuning. I hope i can get it right cause i am itching to let it loose

got some yellow springs today as the truck is set too soft out of the box and seems to bottom out easily... but that is a different topic. I want to get the engine tuned out properly 1st.
Hopefully you didn't go too stiff with the springs. It's supposed to bottom out on about a 3-4 foot drop. If you try to keep it from bottoming out you will lose handling and ruin the suspension.

You can also turn the collars on each shock to add pre-load.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

received my replacement parts from losi last saturday. changed them yesterday and immediately the new one way bearing caught up and the piston now moves.

I returned the LSN to factory setting (2.5 turns out) and with filter off i tuned the idle opening to <1mm.
i am hoping to resume tuning soon. i just need better weather to use an open parking space rather than hilly or grassy parks which can add load and mess up tuning.

any pointers at this time are appreciated