Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help with a emaxx

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default help with a emaxx

can i put a traxxas brushless system in a e maxx.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Yes, its not advised really as its ment for 1/10's, not 1/8's or MT's. But I tried it and its an improvement slightly. You'll have to gear it down a little and you cannot run 12 cell NiMh or 4s. If you have it already the its worth tryin, but dont buy one for it. Try bigger canned motor and something that can handles 4s. Tacon has some cheap 3674, 4065 canned motors cheap. Maybe head to Ebay and get a 80A Xerun or Hobbywing SC8
Old 06-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

with the right gearing the traxxas system will be fine, but twin traxxas would work the best if you want the traxxas systems
Old 07-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ToXiC ReVo
with the right gearing the traxxas system will be fine, but twin traxxas would work the best if you want the traxxas systems
No, its not really best to run dual set ups. You cannot run dual systems in perfect sink. Eventually one will fail. Your much better off to buy a single set up designed for 1/8
Old 07-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I have a few Questions?

Hello, I am currently a new owner of an emaxx 3906 that my Father in law gave me for my last piece of Army gear I had. I know this is an older emaxx but I have a 2 yr old son and he absolutely loves these things. With that out of the way here is my first Question.
I want to get a little bit more up and go and have been looking at the kershaw upgrade dual 700ho setup and purchasing a evx-2 esc.
I want to upgrade the batteries also and like the idea of lipo what would work best for this and how would I go about doing it? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You are better off going with the CC Monster setup... that's the way they come from Traxxas. The VXL system is a little small for that truck. It may work if geared down but it probably won't last long at all... they are barely enough for the Slash/Pede 4x4.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Yea..+1 on that one. You would want atleast a XL canned motor(3660-3673) if not a Mamba. And you want something that can handle 12 cell Nimh or 4s lipo to get the truck moving. The VXL does work, but it is really pushin it.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

a guy on the traxxas fourms has a dual vxl maxx and has been running them for a year or two without problems
Old 07-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mustang63
a guy on the traxxas fourms has a dual vxl maxx and has been running them for a year or two without problems
intriguing, I've so far been running mine for a month now no problems. But of course the dual setup is meant for torque, don't try to push it for top end speed. Based on my running so far, I recommend: modding for greater airflow (cooling fans, vents in the body), staying under a 22/68 gearing and sticking with tires the same size as stock. Also, sooner or later you'll wanna save up for steel center output shafts. It may not have insane power, but its more than enough to destroy COS's. I had 3 spare sets that came with the truck when I first got it, & its already twisted 2.