Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which truck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Which truck?

I want either a Losi XXL, Savage 5.9 XL or a Revo 3.3 . Which one will be the most fun but durable?
Old 06-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Ahh another one of these threads huh.

If you look at the top of this page, on that long blue bar that runs the width of the page. It is directly under the RCTech logo. inbetween New Posts and Quick Links there is a button that says Search with a yellow arrow point down.

Hit that button, And search!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Hi.

Xxl or xl. Both trucks have a lot of potential, I myself asked this same question a little over a year ago. I went with the xxl because I loved the layout of that truck,very clean and every thing is simple to get too.

I wasn't a fan of the xls layout to clustered but the truck is the sexier of the two. I do not own a savage but I will say this the xxl is very durable and it turns well. Think of it this way the xxl is a oversized truggy all you need to do is put some muggy rims on it and you got a truggy.

I will say this tho as a basher the savage is Probley the best out of the two all tho I haven't seen a xxl vs xl bash off so I wouldn't know. I will say this the xl will be my next buy very soon. All I can really say is if you get a chance to look at both of them side by side that Probley will help your desion.

Good luck and happy bidding.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

I currently have a LST but its getting old and things are breaking more easily. I love it but I want something better. I think im going to go with the XXL but I heard that the diffs are a problem
Old 06-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by losifan94
I currently have a LST but its getting old and things are breaking more easily. I love it but I want something better. I think im going to go with the XXL but I heard that the diffs are a problem
Not true on the xxls part, well at least not mine. I'm now starting to have a problem with mine but not because there junk but because of a shady job causing me to loose a spider gear on my front and now my rear is messes up.

I have heard when the xl came out having diff problem but I don't know if its true anymore. If you love your lst then all means get the xxl. It has all the new good stuff that made the lst2 kinda trouble sum. You won't regret the xxl or the xl.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Ok thanks. I think I will go with the XXL because I saw you can get some expensive diff gears that are TiNi or something like that. Are those any good or are they not worth buying
Old 06-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Dude personal I wouldn't wast money in that. The rear diffs are fine, of you plain on racing just get the foc change the diffs oils and maby different springs. As I said in my first post my diffs are a little over a year old and I'm just now having problems with them. Not because there old but because a shady hack job a local hobby shop did.

I will say this tho Probley every other month pull the diffs and check them just to be on the safe side because you have to remember that's a big truck with some power. All you need to do is take out maby 8 Allen screws and remove the tires and remove the hexes and then it will just pull out. This truck is the easiest truck to work on period.

So if you love your lst2 then by all means get the xxl you won't regret it,its well worth the $$$. The up grades I would do is some us know what you get.dynamite rear hub carriers front c hubs and front hub carriers. That's what I have on my xxl and its worth the $$.

One last thing make sure you also clean your berings inside your hubs. Happy hinting and let us know what you go with.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

ok thanks for all the help. I was just worried because for some reason my diff case and bevel gear cracked when I took a jump in the back yard. I think it was because the wheels were spinning fast and they came to a dead stop when it landed.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Yea wot will definally break the diffs lol. If your a member of the losi fourm you should go that and look at my pics. I have a lot of pics on there of my xxl and the wreck it got into with a tree lol. My name is Doug e fresh on there. Just go to the mt and you'll see my name.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have an aftershock and the lst xxl is basically a cross between the savage and the revo, the lst xxl has the durability of the savage and the handling of a revo so its perfect
Old 06-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mustang63
I have an aftershock and the lst xxl is basically a cross between the savage and the revo, the lst xxl has the durability of the savage and the handling of a revo so its perfect
+1 on that. That's a good way to describe the xxl. Good job.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Mustang63
Durability of a Savage......
Old 06-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Yea wot will definally break the diffs lol. If your a member of the losi fourm you should go that and look at my pics. I have a lot of pics on there of my xxl and the wreck it got into with a tree lol. My name is Doug e fresh on there. Just go to the mt and you'll see my name.
If the diffs ring/pinion AND spidergears are BOTH shimmed properly, breakage is going to be rare. If the spidergears are shimmed correctly, you will rarely break one UNLESS you haven't checked out your diff pins for wear and have alot of use on em.

If you didn't shim them yourselves in the proper fashion, then who did exactly?