Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Aftershock LE Help!!! Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Unhappy Losi Aftershock LE Help!!! Please

I have a 6 month old Losi aftershock LE with the HT pipe and 1 tini shock shaft. I love the truck itself but I have had nothing but trouble with the stock Mach .26 engine and the stock throttle servo's. A couple weeks ago I decided to run my truck since a friend was over and it took me atleast a half hour to get it started and then it would keep dying if I let off wot. So I richened the idle and it was running a little better but then I noticed the tuning screw fellout. I put it back in and went to start it and then it fell back out. I put it back in yet again, got it started amd then it would just sit there and Idle because the throttle linkage wouldn't slide in and out. I am lost and don't know what to do. I went to using a traxxas 2075 as a throttle servo because the one it cam with fried in less than a week and the warranty replacement fried the first time I ran it.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can anybody help me on whats wrong with it?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Exactly which screw/needle are you talking about? Usually, if you replace the O-ring on the screw/needle, it will help to keep the thing from vibrating out.

As far as the linkage not sliding, you may have some crud in between the slide barrel and the carb body, or;
if it's the idle adjustment screw you've been messing with, you may have either snapped off the tip of the screw, or;
you may have the screw too tight, or;
you may not have the barrel lined up properly with the screw. (There's a slot in the barrel that the screw has to index to. )

Also, make sure your carb is angled in such a way that the carb's slide is in line with the pulling action of the linkage. If the servo is trying to pull the slide sideways, it can cause the slide to bind. It doesn't take much.

These are just wild guesses, as your post wasn't overly specific.

Good luck.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

It was the idle screw. I am just tired of having all these problems with my throttle servo's and my engine/carb because I don't read of anybody else having these problems with their lst
Old 06-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Initiate

JUST REBUILT MY MACH .26. BUT I HAVE NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY SERVO IN MINE.IT MIGHT BE THE O RING LIKE HE SAID.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

getting ready to take the engine w/mount and the fuel tank out so I can do some cleaning on it.