Search

Revo3.3 need help....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Revo3.3 need help....

Hi,
At the vacant parking lot it accelerated well from start to go and shifted to 2nd gear...it is fast.... I thought I've got the tuning done.
At our local track on the long straight my truck was not moving as fast as I had thought it should...no power at all...I'm using the 40series proline tires and the rest is pretty much stock....any recommendation...thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mnr3.3
Hi,
At the vacant parking lot it accelerated well from start to go and shifted to 2nd gear...it is fast.... I thought I've got the tuning done.
At our local track on the long straight my truck was not moving as fast as I had thought it should...no power at all...I'm using the 40series proline tires and the rest is pretty much stock....any recommendation...thanks

Tuning is never done. You might have to re-tune engines every hour or so depending on the weather ETC. Some engines hold tunes better then others but it's a never ending thing. A little more info about how it was running would help.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks buddy....
HSN was about 3turn out while the LSN was about 3/4turn out...there some smoke coming out from the exhaust...
Not sure if its on wide or close ratio configuration as I got it used....the truck just seems breathless.....it just move but dose not accelerate when I gun down the throttle.....not sure if the shift point was to soon....
Old 06-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default (-,-)

i think your your turning both needle in anti-clockwise direction making your engine more rich although this would not harm your engine but this will not perform the its true potential that you were expecting. i would suggest go back to the default setting and then make your turn to clockwise direction w/ the same # of turns making your engine a little bit lean and also try to review your manual about the engine tuning. hope this could help!
Old 06-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bokol67
i think your your turning both needle in anti-clockwise direction making your engine more rich although this would not harm your engine but this will not perform the its true potential that you were expecting. i would suggest go back to the default setting and then make your turn to clockwise direction w/ the same # of turns making your engine a little bit lean and also try to review your manual about the engine tuning. hope this could help!
HUH?

Originally Posted by mnr3.3
Thanks buddy....
HSN was about 3turn out while the LSN was about 3/4turn out...there some smoke coming out from the exhaust...
Not sure if its on wide or close ratio configuration as I got it used....the truck just seems breathless.....it just move but dose not accelerate when I gun down the throttle.....not sure if the shift point was to soon....

When you say "just seems breathless" are you meaning that it wants to cut out at a certain RPM? Does it want to make RPM out of the hole? Is it blowing tons of smoke out of the hole? Does it rev up and move a little bit but sounds like it's choking on fuel? Do you have unusual amounts of fluid i.e. unburnt fuel and oil coming out of the pipe and spraying/dripping on the ground?

Factory settings are about 3-3/4 to 4 out on the HSN and 1-1/2 out on the LSN or flush with the carb housing.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

It does not show any of those symptom that you mentioned its just that the truck just move forward but theres no acceleration at WOT...
Old 06-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ooops forget to say thanks...where's my manners...

Thanks guys for the info...