Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
my tmaxx 3.3 thread >

my tmaxx 3.3 thread

my tmaxx 3.3 thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default my tmaxx 3.3 thread

so i am a new guy here, not my first nitro. had 2 RC10GTs, 1 RC10GT2, TC3, and a few HPI RS4s. got out of the game for quite a while because of personal reasons.

i have always wanted a tmaxx 3.3, so the other day i splurged and bought a used 1, knowing i would be replacing a lot of the truck.

well i got the truck in better condition then i thought. RPM front arms, pretty stock otherwise. replaced glow plug, new fuel, and it started right up!

perfect. well after driving it around for about 3 days i knew it needed some mods. particularly suspension mods. so i went and got the traxxas big bore shocks, some 40 series wheels and some trencher tires, upgraded steering and high torque steering.

it still handles like a boat on the high seas.

i am going to do some upgrading and get the truck to handle how i want it. it seems as though i can't get the suspension just right...as far as tuning it. i think something might be installed wrong in the front end. i will figure it out.

just wanted to introduce myself. i'll have pictures in the next few hours...
Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

I have two T-maxx's and really dig them!!
I don't care too much about the "handling" because I only use it for messing around and bashing!!!

Have fun with it!!
Old 06-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1bdasvt
I have two T-maxx's and really dig them!!
I don't care too much about the "handling" because I only use it for messing around and bashing!!!

Have fun with it!!
where are you at in socal?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by besthaticouldo
where are you at in socal?
Santa Clarita
Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Getting a T-Maxx to handle the way I am imagining you want it to handle = impossible. If you wanted handling, a T-Maxx was a bad option from the get go. The main thing you have to do to any MT to get them to handle better is lower the COG and/or widen the stance.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Rookie

well i wanna be able to hit the gas and not have the truck just get stupid sideways. also want it to be able to track straight....i know its not gonna handle like a stadium truck.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i got the shocks mounted on the farthest holes outward on the arms. plus i put proline 40 series rims with proline 40 series bow tie tires and that widened the stance 1 1/2" from stock. it handles pretty well for a 10 lb.+ mt.