Wiki Posts
Search

the clucth is get ripped up

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default the clucth is get ripped up

will for some reasion i can not figure out why but my clutch shoes seem to be get ripped up in the clutch beel some how? You can see the shoes pieces coiming out of the bell. i though i had the spur to lose so i thightend it all the way up but it still happen. this is an old but still roll freely bearings in the clutch bell. the clucth bell is brand new but i got hot to where it truned color and bruned. I did shim the tranny so my spur gear does not wobble so much does any one think the shim might be to thigt or what am i missing it got to be something easy i forgot just dont know what? i did clean the shoes and clutch bell with scot bright and nitro cleaner when i seen the problem. re tested and and same thing. the double disc slipper pads look good still. and this is on a tamxx 3.3[IMG]http:/albums/ee414/imrob/IMG00037-20110612-1817.jpg[/IMG]//i1226.photobucket.com

Last edited by imrob; 01-04-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: had to add to problems
Old 06-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

A lot of the time when you run plastic/teflon shoes they do make a powder that comes out of the clutch bell as they wear. Its pretty normal with plastic shoes. Just make sure the spur gear spins freely on your transmission, and as long as nothing is binding, and your gear mesh is right, then you should be good. I would look into some aluminum clutch shoes which should solve your problem all together.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

it alot coming out of the cb i understan a little is ok i did try to picture up i can not add them yet until i hit ten post that wierd
Old 06-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

will i have firgured out the problem i had a bent slipper shaft which casued the spur gear push down hard in one spot for like 6 teeth only way. will i changed it and all is solved now.