Wiki Posts
Search

Losi XXL - 30% nitro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Losi XXL - 30% nitro?

Guys - I'm wondering if the 454 runs any better on the 30% v 20%?
Old 06-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hi.

That answer would be yes. The 30% has more nitro to oil % the higher the # the lower the oil content.

I would personally recommend the Odonnal 20% that's what I run in my xxl. You should check out my thread (pics of my losi xxl) you'll see what my motor looks like at 10gallons. Plus at 20% you'll have plenty of power with a race fuel
Old 06-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I run 30 in my 454 and it runs amazing. U will never look back. It runs clean and has all kiinds of power. More then you will know what to do with
Old 06-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

All surface nitro engines run better/stronger on 30%. All I use is O Donnell's Speed Blend.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ntrain42
All surface nitro engines run better/stronger on 30%. All I use is O Donnell's Speed Blend.
hey thats what i use.. what a coinsidence lol..
Old 06-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I personally would go with a 20%. Because if the longevity of your motor means anything you'll want a deasent nitro to oil content.

Now if you plain on racing and have the money to replace a motor in 6 or so gallons. By all means run 30% because they are right you'll have more power but less oil. If you want the motor to last and have a lot of power go with the 20%..
Old 06-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
I personally would go with a 20%. Because if the longevity of your motor means anything you'll want a deasent nitro to oil content.

Now if you plain on racing and have the money to replace a motor in 6 or so gallons. By all means run 30% because they are right you'll have more power but less oil. If you want the motor to last and have a lot of power go with the 20%..
THis is 100% incorrect. Oil % is not the important factor, what is important is what type/quality of oil/oil blend is used. My 454 has over 11 gallons on it with 30%.

You also seem to forget that higher oil content % means higher engine temps as well. My 454 runs 15-20 degrees cooler with O Donnell's 30% speed blend(7.5% synthetic oil blend), than it did with 20% traxxas Top Fuel which has more than double the % of oil mixed into it.

Cooler running engine temps,better quality oil used in fuel mixture, more power, and my mills are lasting beyond myexpectations in longevity.

If your competent in tuning an engine, then your engine will last just as long with a higher nitro content and you will have significantly more power.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ntrain42
THis is 100% incorrect. Oil % is not the important factor, what is important is what type/quality of oil/oil blend is used. My 454 has over 11 gallons on it with 30%.

You also seem to forget that higher oil content % means higher engine temps as well. My 454 runs 15-20 degrees cooler with O Donnell's 30% speed blend(7.5% synthetic oil blend), than it did with 20% traxxas Top Fuel which has more than double the % of oil mixed into it.

Cooler running engine temps,better quality oil used in fuel mixture, more power, and my mills are lasting beyond myexpectations in longevity.

If your competent in tuning an engine, then your engine will last just as long with a higher nitro content and you will have significantly more power.

+10 i agree on this.. im gonna run 30 in my truck thoughtout its whole life and im sure ill see long life in it.. run what u want, but after running 30 i dont even plan on running 20 again haha
Old 06-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Don't forget bigger engines require less lube because there's less suface area per cc that needs lube. 30% will run as cool or even cooler if you know how to tune.