Search

RRP double disc slipper clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RRP double disc slipper clutch

Hi,
Has anyone install this on a T/Emaxx or Revo, what exactly does it do and how you install it...thanks
Old 06-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

yea i was wondering about this also. i wanted to upgrade to it eventually, and wanted to know how much better it is? like this one-

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBJC5&P=RH
Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That is the solution for slipper probs for an EMaxx, it beats teh stock peg style slipper hands down, no even close. I have an older 3906 Emaxx (black chassis) and was melting spurs under the slipper plate - couldn't get it tight enough so it could not slip. This solved that prob on mine.

I don't have a feel for how it compares to the later slipper that uses 3 separate pads though.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duster_360
That is the solution for slipper probs for an EMaxx, it beats teh stock peg style slipper hands down, no even close. I have an older 3906 Emaxx (black chassis) and was melting spurs under the slipper plate - couldn't get it tight enough so it could not slip. This solved that prob on mine.

I don't have a feel for how it compares to the later slipper that uses 3 separate pads though.
well that makes sense. as far as my slipper on my t-maxx 3.3, its fine and works good. its just something on my to do list. but probably one of the last mods.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RRP double disc slipper clutch

So how you install it, some pix would be nice...thanks
Old 06-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

will i have it on a 2.5 it grabs really will the only problem with it is they wobble really bad but somehow still work i cant get mine straight at all i contacted them about this they gave step which did not work i did remove the little spacer they give you to put behind the gear and infont of the bearing that helped a little. the install easy i have 4 gallons on my set pad and spur and it seem to work fine. if dont want a wobbling spur dont buy it everyone seem to have this but no one can get it straight i hop that helps.