Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with t-max 3.3 please

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Need help with t-max 3.3 please

alright well im working on my buddys t-max 3.3 it was junk since the day he got it but i got it running now . and he told me that he took it to someone to fix and they took his reverse out when i start it and give it gas the spur gear and clutch both spin but the car doesnt move just revs up when i sping the spur counter clock wise it just spins freely when i spin it clock wise the tires move

it seems to me that the forward gear has been taken out not the reverse

not sure whats wrong any help would be good

thanks

Old 05-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Sounds like the one way bearing could be installed backwards inside the tranny. Might take a look in there and see if it can be flipped around.

Eric
Old 05-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cummins Driver
Sounds like the one way bearing could be installed backwards inside the tranny. Might take a look in there and see if it can be flipped around.

Eric
dont know to much about the tranny would it be a big job? or an easy job

thanks
Old 05-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Its not that bad, its just a plastic case that holds a bunch of gears. They aren't hard at all.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wolf16731
Its not that bad, its just a plastic case that holds a bunch of gears. They aren't hard at all.
ill give it a go tommrow do you think this is the problem?

thanks
Old 05-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

When you are talking about spinning the spur in one direction and the tires move, are the tires moving in the correct direction?
Old 05-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Insane-Rc
alright well im working on my buddys t-max 3.3 it was junk since the day he got it but i got it running now . and he told me that he took it to someone to fix and they took his reverse out when i start it and give it gas the spur gear and clutch both spin but the car doesnt move just revs up when i sping the spur counter clock wise it just spins freely when i spin it clock wise the tires move

it seems to me that the forward gear has been taken out not the reverse

not sure whats wrong any help would be good

thanks

If the clutch and spur gear both spin, and if you can turn the spur gear and the wheels move when you are holding the truck off the ground, that means the slipper clutch is too loose and/or the slipper pads have fallen out.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

When you are talking about spinning the spur in one direction and the tires move, are the tires moving in the correct direction?
yes they are moving forward when i spin the spur gear clock-wize

thanks
Old 05-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
If the clutch and spur gear both spin, and if you can turn the spur gear and the wheels move when you are holding the truck off the ground, that means the slipper clutch is too loose and/or the slipper pads have fallen out.
The truck is on the ground when the wheels move

thanks
Old 05-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Find a PDF file on the Tmaxx for a blowup view of the tranny. Or just find it in the manual it came with and compare it with what is actually in the tranny. Something got messed up, but you never know what until you get in there.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Find a PDF file on the Tmaxx for a blowup view of the tranny. Or just find it in the manual it came with and compare it with what is actually in the tranny. Something got messed up, but you never know what until you get in there.
like i said before im not to sure but someone he took it to claims they took the reverse out but never tested it just started it . is it possible they took forward out ?

thanks
Old 05-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well, something might BUY a forward only conversion kit. Assuming that there is a purpose to purchasing a kit to do the mod and if he just took stuff out, that could very well be the issue.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, something might BUY a forward only conversion kit. Assuming that there is a purpose to purchasing a kit to do the mod and if he just took stuff out, that could very well be the issue.
ill have to rip it apart and see
thanks for the help
Old 05-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Initiate

if you are spinning the spur and the wheels are moving, it might not be the tranny. the spur might be slipping. tighten it down and check it before ripping the tranny open. check the clutch bell too, maybe the clutch isn't grabbing.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Montana MGT
if you are spinning the spur and the wheels are moving, it might not be the tranny. the spur might be slipping. tighten it down and check it before ripping the tranny open. check the clutch bell too, maybe the clutch isn't grabbing.
Yes but the tires spin fine if i spin the spur the opposite way

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.