Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
ever sold an RC, and then later regret it? i totally feel like that right now... >

ever sold an RC, and then later regret it? i totally feel like that right now...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ever sold an RC, and then later regret it? i totally feel like that right now...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 01:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Exclamation ever sold an RC, and then later regret it? i totally feel like that right now...

when i first got into this hobby, literally a year ago, in march...funny to say....

one of the first RC's i had gotten was an E revo brushless...with mamba...

i loved that thing....i owned it almost for about 3-4 months...if i can remember....that was one of the biggest rc i had ever gotten at that time....and well, you know when u first start, its like learning how to ride a bike for the first time...never got to know how to do so many things in the beginning....

well, now that time has past...over the 6 months...while owning so many different cars and trucks, you start to get familiar with some many areas in RC hobbies...like.. fixing or repairing things, customzing, upgrades, spurs, pinions,bolts,screws,nuts,wings, servos,lipos, rims, tires, bodies, paints, lights, conversions, speed, burst, suspensions, cells,amps, chargers, motors, esc's, bashing,voltage, how to fix your own mistakes lol,spectrum, radios, temps, etc etc i can go on lol.........

at that time i also did the samething with the first slash 4x4 i gotten, i only owned it for about a month, for the same reason, i didnt know how to fix things....and just recently decided to get it again..and now as we speak, i went all out on it lol( i finally got to really experience the true colors of the slash 4x4, since i really didnt the first time)

so roaming threw my videos, i manage to see the video and some pictures i have with the E revo...and man, makes me want one again now! remembering the good times and bad times lol from frustrating nights trying to fix it(when i really didnt know how) to the days i used it all day with no issues....

well, i guess im gonna decide to probably buy it again! lol even though i own 4 vehicles...like savage flux, vorza,ofna gtp2e, and the slash 4x4....

but i guess i want to really do the same with all the ones i have now lol...

im just telling you all my 2 cents....just something i experienced. probably you guys have gone threw that too...lol

Old 03-16-2011, 03:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mate... I'd regret selling that too! What a beast!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I wish I never sold my original RC10. It was the first RC I ever built from a kit and would mostly have nostalgic value. I learned a lot from it, but there was also a lot of frustration back then due to terrible battery technology and mechanical speed controllers.

Photo is not of mine, but it looked just like this.

BTW, great idea for a thread.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Sold my Revo and still wish i had not. Didnt get hardly anything for it either. i sold it on eBay and wished i could have backed out of it, but i thought since there was not longer a class to race in i thought i wouldnt miss it any more. i was worng. Still keep looking through the classifieds for the right Revo.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Get another one and do it all over, hell. Thats one of the more fun parts in the hobby is it not? Building Trucks from the bottom up. Customized to your fit. Good times.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yea I regret selling my first two R/C trucks, a Tamiya Blackfoot and Tamiya Bullhead.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Angry

Originally Posted by Marius13
Blog spam reported. Check Marious13's previous posts, this is all he posts.

Post removed, thanks Mods.

Last edited by breadfan758; 03-16-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: update
Old 03-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I regret selling my 8T 2.0, it had a Mr ninja .21 modded by CRE in it. That was the best engine I've ever had, and still runs like clockwork(pun intended) to this day, with more than 10 gallons on it.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I regret selling my RC10GT (1995 model with the black tub chassis). My first Hobby Grade RC and it was awesome. It had a Futaba Magnum radio futaba servos and a Dynamite .12SPD and it was a blast and would scoot around the track too. When I sold it I had put an OS.18 CVR MAX on it and would pull wheelies all day long running it up and down the street in front of my house.

I also regret selling my SC8. It was the most dependable coolest looking thing i'be ever had. With the LRP.28 Truggy spec 9Port and it was so much fun wheather i was just messing around on the Dirt oval at my house or racing it with the truggys at my local track it was the most fun I have ever had in RC i missit so much I really need another one but just can't afford it.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

sold my first F103 when i was broke but i got another after a few years. Still with me now.

got a 1987 blackfoot did not sell it but mod it to race spec & raced it!
Attached Thumbnails ever sold an RC, and then later regret it? i totally feel like that right now...-img_7798.jpg   ever sold an RC, and then later regret it? i totally feel like that right now...-img_1345small.jpg   ever sold an RC, and then later regret it? i totally feel like that right now...-img_1070small.jpg   ever sold an RC, and then later regret it? i totally feel like that right now...-photo-49.jpg   ever sold an RC, and then later regret it? i totally feel like that right now...-photo-50.jpg  

Old 03-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Yes

I had a TTR ST-1 Pro and traded it for a Wrecked Traxxas Jato 3.3. I have yet to even start it after a rebuild of the front end and other new parts.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

i guess im not the only one! lol yea...i guess we learn...but you guys are right..might just get it again..and start from bottom up...
Old 03-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by quick5pnt0
Yea I regret selling my first two R/C trucks, a Tamiya Blackfoot and Tamiya Bullhead.
man, i guess u feel the way i do...but the funny thing, it always is the first RC's lol...
Old 03-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Madbrad
Sold my Revo and still wish i had not. Didnt get hardly anything for it either. i sold it on eBay and wished i could have backed out of it, but i thought since there was not longer a class to race in i thought i wouldnt miss it any more. i was worng. Still keep looking through the classifieds for the right Revo.
man bro...thats bad...must suck to feel that way....eventually..you will find that one lucky REVO
Old 03-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Two things I really regret letting go of....

My very first kit RC, a Tamiya Lunch Box. Fragged the tranny with a Trinity Nuclear Assault motor, and never repaired it. Traded it for a Tamiya Striker (dumb, dumb move)

The second is my RC10 w/ Hauge chassis and trailing arm suspension.
I had upgraded it to the stealth tranny (when that was the new thing, ha!) and kyosho platinum shocks.

Only wish I had pics..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.