Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Maxx-Out Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by K-Note72
yeah it can go through em, given that the body & chassis protect it from any direct splashes. Sand can be blocked with a simple outerwears filter, its water that's my main problem. I'm still in the process of searching for the right battery. I've so far ruled out Maxamps ($190 down the drain), and I got a Turnigy on the way to see if it can out-do the Maxamps (technically it's already here, it's 5 miles away at the post office that closes on saturday ). With my intentions and in my position, it's still cheaper to just work on the one I got now. Trust me, it'd be waaaaaayyyy more expensive to buy the MM version, even on ebay. If i tried to sell my roller and all the parts now, I wouldn't get more than a penny on the dollar. I think that everybody racks on the vxl without even giving it a chance. And with the craze for the MM system, the price for vxl systems will drop. Here's my guidelines: if it's a monster truck but can't bash through the water, it's better off just gettin put on ebay! I've seen people try to waterproof the MM with liquid tape, but that never works and they end up getting screwed cuz that voids the warranty. Tell castle creations to start waterproofing their stuff, then I'll start buying .

FYI you're thinking only 1 vxl system
I see what you're getting at, But I meant sell the new roller after buying a complete truck. You could end up with a pretty sweet deal on the mm system if you play it right.
I see your position though and I understand what you're up against here, so good luck anyway. I'll be interested to see the results as I'm looking into building a budget brushless rig to go along with my embe.

I was talking about one vxl system too, I'd be scared to use 2 because of the differences in motor rpm on one spur and total cost as well.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trxnut454
I see what you're getting at, But I meant sell the new roller after buying a complete truck. You could end up with a pretty sweet deal on the mm system if you play it right.
I see your position though and I understand what you're up against here, so good luck anyway. I'll be interested to see the results as I'm looking into building a budget brushless rig to go along with my embe.

I was talking about one vxl system too, I'd be scared to use 2 because of the differences in motor rpm on one spur and total cost as well.
The only problem is I don't really have that much money to gamble with. Since most people are just gonna buy the whole new truck flat-out, there's no guarantee the new roller & parts would sell and right now i need every buck I can get. School tuition's got a grip on my balls , before the school year started i had to sell my Summit just to have enough to start the year.
If the MM esc was GUARANTEED against shorting for the first half year then I'd take a risk of voiding the warranty & liquid tape the whole thing & call that waterproof. But if it did short out, I'd be out $270. With the craze of MM's going up, the price for vxl's is going down. Unless if I find something else thats affordable & waterproofable.

i know a few people who've done dual setups in e-maxx's & summits. I hit them up about their condition & so far they're still working properly.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

By all means it can work. I wouldn't expect the motors to be that much different anyway.....Hope it all comes together for ya. I personally don't like running in water, snow etc so I have no worries.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trxnut454
By all means it can work. I wouldn't expect the motors to be that much different anyway.....Hope it all comes together for ya. I personally don't like running in water, snow etc so I have no worries.
Last spring, I decided to see just how waterproof all my traxxas kits were, so I took em up on the hill to the gravel quarry where all the 4-wheelers go. First up was the slash, and i beat the holy hell out of it, since the ground up there is anything but even. At one point i ran it into a deep puddle & it floated there for about a minute before i grabbed a stick & scooped it out. No problems. Then I brought out my Summit, which i actually didnt get to run very long. The receiver(FM) cable was messed up & shredded, so i wasnt getting a very good connection. Still got in a few jumps tho . Last up was the E-Maxx, and that beast didn't disappoint! I jumped & bashed the shit outta that thing til the batteries died. lol it always sounded like a vacuum cleaner when it ran

While up there, I actually ran into someone who had a Savage he was gonna run, but he said something about losing the carb screw.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:05 AM
Tech Regular

OK, so as far as the electronics I plan to get for it, I may be changing my plans. I was first intent on doing a dual setup with my all-time fav the VXL, but now I'm thinkin one of those MM system knockoffs like the Toro 8/Trackstar or HK 150A.

Yeah I know they're stolen designs from CC, oh boo hoo if you think any less of me for it, go ahead & say it, I just won't give a crap! They both have pretty much the same capabilities, so why but that if you can get the same thing for half the price?
Old 07-29-2011, 01:32 AM
Tech Regular

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Here's the emaxx today, dual VXL, 22/68 gearing, 3s 5000mah 20C turnigy for each ( lol gotta love them turnigy's). Runnin this setup for a month now all i cans say is STEEL CENTER OUTPUT SHAFTS

Last edited by K-Note72; 07-29-2011 at 09:26 PM.