Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree204Likes

SAVAGE - SS, .25, .21 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Savage owners have no need to fear the new Revo. Even though the Revo is a good car, the Savage can still hold it's own - especially considering that everyone here 'tinkers' with and improves their examples.

i know what you mean horatio. i still got my maxx, and the revo cant do squat! maybe thats because i run on an onroad track, and i get to practice everyday after school for 3 hours. just because the future awaits us does not mean the past cannot contend. i'm real proud of that quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thaks mr hornblower the sox are proving hard to find, no luck with savage central or tower . ill keep trying
Old 09-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

hey pullstarter, here's where everybody gets their shock sox:

http://rcraven.com/shocksocks.htm

lots of other CHEAP goodies there aswell for all sorts of vehicles.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

thanx for the link mac, ill b doing some shopping
Old 09-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: sorry guys, posted this in the zilla thread before i knew about savage thread :(

Originally posted by pullstarter
hey guys, just flickin thru the thread, im about to get a savage ss kit, thanks for the heads up on the engine cleaning before start up, hopefully will prevent future problems. I've ordered the mp servo mod for the throttle with the kit and also the 3racing alloy steering set up and alloy servo horn, sounds like a worthwhile mod. Do you guys reckon trinity 25% monster power would be ok in the .25 engine or too feisty for run in? Thats about the only good quality fuel available here (oz). Where can i get some shock sox from? looks like a good idea to save on cleaning time. Sorry for all the questions, any help would be greatly appreciated, keep up the good work guys, excellent thread!!!
Welcome to the world of Savage, pullstarter
I bet u like the pullstart eh
anyway...im a beginner too in this off-road thing(still driving my serpent 710 NovaMax P5 ).
don't worry to ask anything here. they have a lot of experience and they get u out of trouble & nervousness just by staying online here. Thanks to Horatio and mac.
Make sure u read the manual twice, espcially the small engine manual. the life of the engine depend majorly on how u run-in yer engine. keep a temperature gauge handy. just make sure temp didn't go over 300F(148 Celcius).
all the best. and happy racing & bashing. im still looking for the elusive champion trophy 4 my Savage 25 RTR. next week will be the test.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the welcome jfc and all the other guys , ill let u know how the build go's and all that, hey jfc good luck this weekend, let us know how big the trophy is when u have it
Old 09-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by pullstarter
Thanks for the welcome jfc and all the other guys , ill let u know how the build go's and all that, hey jfc good luck this weekend, let us know how big the trophy is when u have it

now im pressured
Old 09-03-2004, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Good luck with that trophy JFC!!!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by macnkitty2002
i know what you mean horatio. i still got my maxx, and the revo cant do squat! maybe thats because i run on an onroad track, and i get to practice everyday after school for 3 hours. just because the future awaits us does not mean the past cannot contend. i'm real proud of that quote
Now that's a good quote!

Put it this way, even if HPI brought out an amazing all conquering Savage 2 tomorrow - I'd still make time to race my Savage alongside my newer truck! That's because my Savage holds a special place in my 'RC heart'

3 hours of practice per day!!! There's no substitute for skill and if you practice hard like that, all your skills and techniques will be very finely honed indeed.

I race most weeks, but only 'practice' maybe once a week due to other commitments.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

thanks horatio. good luck on the race JFC! i know that your savage will hold up. i'm going to the mountains this weekend for Labor Day, i hope my maxx can handle the terrain! well, if it breaks i can always use my mini-t to bash around on the gravel driveway.

don't worry to ask anything here. they have a lot of experience and they get u out of trouble & nervousness just by staying online here. Thanks to Horatio and mac.
thanks for the recognition JFC. this might shock you, but i am only 14, yes, 14. i can't and the guys at my track can't believe that i know so much.

and jfc, how long is the race, just normal or endurance like horatio's? good luck!
Old 09-03-2004, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Horatio
Jaimzer:
Does the increased steering mod work ok when you use dog bones and do the track rod ends bump up against the shocks after you've done this mod?
First off; Congradulations on your Endurance Race Horatio.

Well done, you make us proud to own the best Monster
Truck out there.

The increased steering mod is leaps and bounds a huge performance gain over stock. The shock ends end up being
the only stops. If you trim it out far enough and get it turn to that point you we have a noticable gain in your turning radius.

If you have endpoint adjustment on your Radio you could set the stop points.

Welcome all newcomers to the thread.
This is definitely a great place to ask and share all your
Savage and R/C knowledge. Great group of people on here.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

jaimzer, does that mod make it so that the truck can handle without a better servo? or does it require a better servo and the mod to turn better?
Old 09-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Now, im really pressured

thanks for the encouragement and yes Mac..i know u 14. i think becoz of previously u own a savage thats why u grow up so much and matured
anyway...age doesn't matter. as long as u know about truck, good enough.

its normal race with AMB lap counting sytem. i wish the organizer will do the endurance...but at our place...if its a big event, we usually run EP, GP & Big foot event at one go...so time is tight.
i 4 one join GP 1/10 race & Big foot. very busy.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for the comment jfc. the only reason to be pressured is if you think you arent good. the way to relieve the pressure is to win races. kind of a hard spot to be in.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

I find that relaxing, staying calm really helps my racing. I'm also alot harder on myself than anyone else if I perform badly. If for some reason things don't go according to plan, try and figure out how things can be improved for the next race.

I like to look forward too. Much as I'll miss racing off road over the winter, I'm actually looking forward to hitting the track with my RS SD!

Despite what some top level racers might say, I believe that doing both on and offroad racing actually helps improve racing craft and discipline.

I think the most important thing, regardless of level, is to promote and enjoy the sport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.