Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
I'm going to buy a Savage Flux or a Losi LST2 >

I'm going to buy a Savage Flux or a Losi LST2

I'm going to buy a Savage Flux or a Losi LST2

Old 02-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default I'm going to buy a Savage Flux or a Losi LST2

I dropped by the Rookie Zone to say hi, but wanted to introduce myself here too since MT are my main interest. I just posted a new thread in the WTB forum, looking for my next truck so my son can have my old but still very fun E-Maxx and I can finally go brushless.
I love these forums, you guys are great, and I'm enjoying scouring through the old threads.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

there are going to be a bunch of die hard savage guys to tell you that savages are better, but the lst2 is beast.

Losi owns racing, and it shows threw the lst2/xxl.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Both are fantastic. Personally, if you want and indestructable brushless beast, go with the flux. They are TANKS, and they can handle brushless power much better than most other cars. The LST2 is great, and is the way to go if you want nitro.

Brushless: Savage Flux

Nitro: LST2

The savage flux is optimized for brushless, where as the lst2 is optimized for nitro. I don't like the lst2 conversions because imo they take a lot to get so they run well with brushless.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Brushless lst gets my vote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

I run a Flux 2350 and my friend runs a brushless-converted Aftershock. Both trucks are amazing! The Losi is physically larger and more stable, but my flux is more "acrobatic" and a tad faster when running similar battery configurations. A factor I look at is do you want to do the work for the conversion? Sometimes it can be frustrating but it's very rewarding in the end. Can't go wrong with either choice!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

savage all the way you would make a mistake on my opinon buying any other monster truck
Old 02-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Muggydude
Both are fantastic. Personally, if you want and indestructable brushless beast, go with the flux. They are TANKS, and they can handle brushless power much better than most other cars. The LST2 is great, and is the way to go if you want nitro.

The savage flux is optimized for brushless, where as the lst2 is optimized for nitro. I don't like the lst2 conversions because imo they take a lot to get so they run well with brushless.
Don't get what's so hard about making an LST brushless. It's simple. You get a roler, buy a single speed hub, then add the Losi conversion kit and the electronics of your choice. It will be cheaper and 100% more reliable than a flux. The flux comes with a 2200kv motor which IMO is way too much unless you're in to ballooning tires and standing backflips. Building an LST, or any other truck for that matter, you can get a lower kv motor to begin with and on 6s you can gear it to the moon and still get great run times and tons of torque. High KV setups are not the way to go with brushless MTs. Why settle for an RTR when you can build a bad a$$ truck to your liking for the same or less money?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losifiend
Don't get what's so hard about making an LST brushless. It's simple. You get a roler, buy a single speed hub, then add the Losi conversion kit and the electronics of your choice. It will be cheaper and 100% more reliable than a flux. The flux comes with a 2200kv motor which IMO is way too much unless you're in to ballooning tires and standing backflips. Building an LST, or any other truck for that matter, you can get a lower kv motor to begin with and on 6s you can gear it to the moon and still get great run times and tons of torque. High KV setups are not the way to go with brushless MTs. Why settle for an RTR when you can build a bad a$$ truck to your liking for the same or less money?
+1
Old 02-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default I found one

I bought a Savage Flux roller with a Desertboy 17 chassis. Now I have lots of decisions to make about what I'm going to put into it.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

pics? Castle still has there clearance sale with 1717 1580kv motors for $70, I bought one about 2 weeks ago, and purchased a new MMM esc from ebay for like $135 shipped for my XXL.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+2
Old 02-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

+3

While I've got nothing against HPI, or the Savage line of MT's, I am partial to the Losi's (LST2/XXL). A friend of mine had a savage, and while it was a VERY capable rig, it was much tougher to drive than my XXL ever was. The XXL always felt planted while the Savage was doing a standing back-flip 180.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Muggydude

+5
Old 02-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dadic 78
+3

While I've got nothing against HPI, or the Savage line of MT's, I am partial to the Losi's (LST2/XXL). A friend of mine had a savage, and while it was a VERY capable rig, it was much tougher to drive than my XXL ever was. The XXL always felt planted while the Savage was doing a standing back-flip 180.
I feel the same. I just finished my XXL electric build from scratch (jennysRC on ebay). With a 2000kV 150a brushless setup from Hobbywing my LST XXL handled better than my Nitro version. It jumped great, cornered great (w/o sway bars) and overall it just felt like I had tons of control.

If it holds up at least as well as my 2007 Aftershock does I will have to say it's a winner!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nascarfan3199
pics? Castle still has there clearance sale with 1717 1580kv motors for $70, I bought one about 2 weeks ago, and purchased a new MMM esc from ebay for like $135 shipped for my XXL.
Solid advice! That 1717 will push that truck around without even breaking a sweat. For the money, you wont find a better motor.

As far as the ESC's goes, I would like to try this one. The reviews are mixed but seems like a lot of it may be user error, and the price is unbeatable.http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dproduct=14635

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.