Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E Savage Flux Hp

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default E Savage Flux Hp

So i just recently ordered a E Savage Flux Hp and did a lot of research here and there since i have been out of the hobby for sooo long my last setup was a 1.5 T-maxx i do believe.

I have a couple questions so bare with me lol, i ordered a Venom pro plus charger i know not the best charger out there and im pretty certain it can't charge 2 batteries at once. Is there a cable i can get to let me charge 2 batteries at the same time ?

i am guessing no but i ordered two Turnigy 5000mAh 2S 30C Lipo Packs and 2 Turnigy 4500mAh 2S2P 30C LiFePo4 Packs. And will i need to buy deans connectors in order to hook these up to my stock E savage ?

Also what are some common mods to make this thing near bullet proof as some of the things i have read say something about some of the trans gears and cvds need upgraded etc..?

i won't be racing i'll be more of bashing it but not hardcore just moderately i just want a overall solid low maintenance setup i guess i don't have a problem with upgrading here and there i just don't want it to be something that i am replacing parts on every couple of runs etc...

As i have a 6 month old daughter i can't be dumping too much cash into a rc car every week lol. and i know this information might have been available had i searched around over and over but i'd prefer not to read through hours just to find answers that may not apply to me. so sorry if its already out there ><

Also thanks in advance to anyone out there helping me figure some of this stuff out. and do i need to buy deans connectors and re solder them from my esc etc ? and if anyone has links on how and where to put them that would be awesome.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

No one... seriously lol
Old 02-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

please don't call it an E savage.

E savage is a description for another type of hpi rc
Old 02-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The Sav Flux comes setup with Deans connectors on the esc. You'll either need to change the connectors on those lipos or solder up an adapter. I actually use an adapter since I needed a longer wires to reach on mine. My lipos use short wires.

That charger has only 50watts of output power and a max charge rate of 5amps, you could rig up and parallel charge a pair of them, but the charge rate is limited to just 5amps and that defeats the purpose. Just plan on charging them one at a time.

Mods needed - about the only thing HPI hasn't taken care of are the bumper supports being able to rotate and allow hinge pins to back out and A Arm to fall off. Use a couple of zip ties to prevent the rotation and you won't have that to worry about. Wheel nuts are issue for some - but its mosty the lack of a good wrench. I use a 8mm 1/4" drive socket and can get them as tight as they need to be, I've never rounded out a wheel hex or had one fall off.

Go over it before you run it and make sure things are tight - pinion especially. Stop after 5min or so and re-check. After that, have fun!