Transporting RC car and necesities >

Transporting RC car and necesities

Transporting RC car and necesities

Old 02-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Transporting RC car and necesities

Hi all,
I am considering purchasing a T-Maxx 3.3. There is a good place to drive near a construction site, but the only way to get to it is an offroad trail. It would be a long walk, but okay on bike. My dilemma is transporting the truck and the things I need to drive it with. I can probably figure out a way to get the truck on a rack on the bike, but I'm not sure how I'll bring the fuel along. If anyone has any experience/tips on the transportation of fuel, your advice would be appreciated
Old 02-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by newslash
Hi all,
I am considering purchasing a T-Maxx 3.3. There is a good place to drive near a construction site, but the only way to get to it is an offroad trail. It would be a long walk, but okay on bike. My dilemma is transporting the truck and the things I need to drive it with. I can probably figure out a way to get the truck on a rack on the bike, but I'm not sure how I'll bring the fuel along. If anyone has any experience/tips on the transportation of fuel, your advice would be appreciated
Given thought to a baby buggy that you tow behind your bike?
Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Gym bag. I have a nice big gym bag that I use every day, but on weekends, the gym shoes and crap come out, and the R/C stuff goes in. It's amazing how much stuff fits in that bag!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah going to a sporting goods store and finding a big bag on sale.. you would be surprised how lucky you can get for like 20-30 bucks. so when it gets full of dirt and nitro you wont get bummed out about it
Old 02-22-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Initiate

I'll probably use a gym bag, but wouldn't fuel easily spill in that? I was thinking of making something like a water bottle holder on the handle bars of the bike and putting the fuel bottle in that so I can keep an eye on it while biking.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Initiate

as long as the lid is snug and tight it wont leak
Old 02-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default R/C stuff on a bike

Please know that the weight ON your bike is much harder to ride than weight on your back. Do both.Maybe gas and truck in your back pack to start.My 2 cents.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MDogSquad
yeah going to a sporting goods store and finding a big bag on sale.. you would be surprised how lucky you can get for like 20-30 bucks. so when it gets full of dirt and nitro you wont get bummed out about it
I picked up this nifty tackle "bag" at academy to carry things easily and securely. Might not help the fuel transportation for larger cans, but you could still carry a good amount of fuel in a water bottle! Its mobile, has utility boxes for tools and such, and is fairly inexpensive.. enough said
Old 02-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

I use an action packer locking lid tote to transport individual cars to keep them out of sight and safe...When I transport a chunk of my fleet I use a camoflage backpack for the remote,gallon bottle of fuel with 1 qt squeeze bottle,extra parts,tools and something to drink and throw the r/c's all in the back of the blazer..Transporting the fuel isnt bad..Just keep it upright....