Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with throttle being backwards/reversed? Savage FLUX

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Problem with throttle being backwards/reversed? Savage FLUX

Welp, after a few mths of not playing with my Savage Flux...had a few friends get into RCs so i thought id take my Flux out there and have some fun.

I go into shed and retrieve it, and the batts(SMC) are maddd swollen haha, i guess i shoulda discharged them fully before i left it sit...but oh well.

So i plug in my Zippy 3s instead....now , heres where im annoyed.

If i have the throttle on controller set too N it seems like it does nothing.

Than if i switch it too reverse it works....but in reverse obviously, it just bugs me a tad too be opposite.

What happened from when i had it running fine few mths ago, til now?

Any fix or what am i doing wrong?

Even tried switching it on the Castle ESC card, but that just made reverse see all the power, not switch the controller settings

Thanks in advance, im retarded and cant figure it out haha
Old 02-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I still run the stock TF-3 with my Flux and both throttle and strg are set to R, neither are set to N. Did you check the batts in your radio? I'd measure the voltage rather than depend on the red light. If they're close to being low, could be causing probs. If your SMCs sat long enough to puff, the radio batts might need replacing too.

I'd try going thru the calibration procedure for the esc and radio and see if that straightens things out.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Duster_360
I still run the stock TF-3 with my Flux and both throttle and strg are set to R, neither are set to N. Did you check the batts in your radio? I'd measure the voltage rather than depend on the red light. If they're close to being low, could be causing probs. If your SMCs sat long enough to puff, the radio batts might need replacing too.

I'd try going thru the calibration procedure for the esc and radio and see if that straightens things out.
Ok sounds good, ima charge radio batts and recalibrate it from stock.

Thanks for reply
Old 02-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

For the future, if your not gonna be running your truck/using your lipos then charge/discharge them to 3.86v per cell for long term storage(anything longer than a couple days or a week. Store them in a temperate, dry place. From what Ive read lipos dont like moisture. And its kinda a given they shouldnt be exposed to extreme temps. Either way. Yea, and it sounds like you need to recaliberate your radio and ESC. I knoticed that after a really long time that Ive had to rebing my radios. I dnt know why, but they've needed it before after not using for along time.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeh got it working now, have it in R switch on the controller and had too calibrate it that way.

But working fine now.

Thanks, man, the 2.4g came out righttttt after i bought mine too haha, i need a new radio
Old 02-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Glad it was easy to get back to running right.

Lots of 2.4 radio choices out there...find one that feels good in your hand and you like to hold that has at least epas. I'd hate to order/buy a radio and not like it when I got it.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Duster_360
Glad it was easy to get back to running right.

Lots of 2.4 radio choices out there...find one that feels good in your hand and you like to hold that has at least epas. I'd hate to order/buy a radio and not like it when I got it.
True...man my friends all have like stadium trucks, idk why, they got me wanting one now haha.

I hate this hobby
Old 02-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

You can pick up a very simple 2.4 radio from Hobbypartz for $19 shipped
http://www.hobbypartz.com/flyskytxrx.html
I have a 2ch and Im happy with it. It has st. trim, thr. trim, dual rate, servo reversing. Its just a decent basic 2.4 and great for a basher. I see now they have much nicer looking 3ch radios. But the 2ch has been bought/used widely and havent posed any issues as of yet. I think I'll wait ahwile befor picking up a 3ch to make shure theres no unforseen problems
And ST's are a blast. Best all around bashers. All the speed and handling of buggies with all the ground clearence of a truck. Rustlers and E Firestorms are both noteworthy bashers

Last edited by RCaddict0; 02-21-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
You can pick up a very simple 2.4 radio from Hobbypartz for $19 shipped
http://www.hobbypartz.com/flyskytxrx.html
I have a 2ch and Im happy with it. It has st. trim, thr. trim, dual rate, servo reversing. Its just a decent basic 2.4 and great for a basher. I see now they have much nicer looking 3ch radios. But the 2ch has been bought/used widely and havent posed any issues as of yet. I think I'll wait ahwile befor picking up a 3ch to make shure theres no unforseen problems
And ST's are a blast. Best all around bashers. All the speed and handling of buggies with all the ground clearence of a truck. Rustlers and E Firestorms are both noteworthy bashers
Thanks man...ima look into that.

I went with the Speed-T