Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flux HP Vs. E-Maxx MM

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Flux HP Vs. E-Maxx MM

Just wanted a compare/contrast of the two, and what is your guys opinion/personal experience with them.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I owned a Flux HP for a while and fixed it up pretty good with FLM XL chassis, big bores...etc. I also now own a 3903 maxx (same chassis/drivetrain) as 3908 BL version I think. In stock form I think the Flux is the tougher truck but both will end up needing some quality aluminum parts, hardened steel drivetrain parts, and RPM arms to be very bashable. The Traxxas 2.4 is much nicer than the HPI 2.4 radio. It's really hard to pick a winner out of the Revo, Maxx and Flux because they don't stay stock for long anyways and they all 3 are great when modded. All 3 have huge aftermarket support to. If this tells you anything, I sold the Flux and bought an 1/8 E-truggy to bash, and now just bought the new Maxx and plan on making it brushless soon, but I am not expecting it to be the baddest truck (like I did with the Flux, just to be a little disappointed) The truggy is the King of the hill, I don't miss the Flux that much, and I look foward to seeing what this Emaxx has to offer.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default This thread has already been done

Here it is...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...as-e-maxx.html
It kinda boils down to what you like. Both are sweet MTs!
Buy the one thats more to your liking
Old 01-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

idk if you are looking to buy used or new but, I have a revo roller with teckno conversion for sale. Comes wirh tons of parts and some robinson hears still in the bag and rpm arms...just putting it out there. Or I can add brand new lipo, motor, and a MM esc with external bec...
Old 01-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Thats the one you want. Ive owned E Savage almost completely converted to a Flux with brushless and GCM alum parts and I have a E Maxx 3908 and the Revo beats them both hands down! E Revo with 2200 takes the cake!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I have a couple cars to sell before i can buy a new mt, but am looking at the E-Revo MM, E-Maxx MM, or Flux HP and just wanted other peoples person opinions. I have done my research and am aiming for the Flux, I want to be able to do a little bit of everything crawling, bashing, speed runs, general farting around, and jumping. So I think the savage has everything except the handling. Jw what everyone thinks.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe a Summit then. Ive seen some sweet a$$ Summits with brushless systems. That would be ideal since you tossed in the crawling along with bashing and speedruns.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Heres the truck

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ss-system.html
This is a Monster Truck!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
Maybe a Summit then. Ive seen some sweet a$$ Summits with brushless systems. That would be ideal since you tossed in the crawling along with bashing and speedruns.
How is the handling on the Summit and how does it compare with the quality of the flux?
Old 01-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

I hopefully can answer that in a few weeks. But its a Revo chassie, shocks, etc. But Ive never had my Revo set up that high off the ground and huge wheels like the Canyons. But I would guess with the Revo chassie it handles better than the Flux. Revo handles like no other truck I own or have owned
Old 01-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
I hopefully can answer that in a few weeks. But its a Revo chassie, shocks, etc. But Ive never had my Revo set up that high off the ground and huge wheels like the Canyons. But I would guess with the Revo chassie it handles better than the Flux. Revo handles like no other truck I own or have owned
Hows your E-Maxx compare to your Revo?
Old 01-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Its completely different. Lots of fun! Just a different type of truck. I had the Revo first and when I got the Maxx I was flippin it alot and did'nt feel like it was comparable. Now that Ive ran it a little I like it just as much. Dont plain on parting with either anytime soon. Its just as fun, just different.
Thats the best way I can describe it. Great basher
Old 01-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default hmmm

I've had both the E Revo and the Flux. Still have the Flux.... The revo was nice, but not nearly as durable. Plus, its not a true monster truck IMO. It looks like a truggy! If I was more into racing, I'd have stuck with the Revo.
The FLux is so much tougher than the revo as well. I was buying parts every week to repair the Revo! I'm not the best driver, so the Flux is better for me in that sense. I do have my Flux extended to the XL size chassis, and that has made it a little more handable.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

This thread seems familiar. I just can't place it though....