Wiki Posts
Search

My good ol' reliable Sportmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Talking My good ol' reliable Sportmaxx

well today i was going out to my friends track and he told me to bring my monster truck. problem was that i hadn't started or even maintained it since id say...2008. so i took it out of are dusty old storage and saw that the litttle fuel left in the tank was jelly looking and clean. the pull start wouldnt pull and i had no steering servo but i was determined to get it all running. i took out the old trx2.5 wiht 8 gallons through it out and took a look. i tried turning the flywheel and it was STUCK. so i was worried. so i pulled the pull start and it moved a little so i kept doing that and it finally freed up a little (took the one way bearing and cleaned it a little). once i got the engine unstuck i had to find a servo and somehow get the "jelly gas" out. waht causes that anyways haha? but i got my compressor and blew that dang gas tank like no other... no homo once i got all that jelly out i was like whoa.. no way will this thing work. i had to find a servo.. i used the one from my xl5 rustler but it worked. sorta one i got everything all ready i looked and saw my spur was stripped and i said CRAP. some how i found another one in my tool bad (thank god ) so i took my good ol sportmaxx out for a little run.. OH MY GOSH IT RAN!!!!! after like 1000 pulls of the pull start. when i was running it more of that jelly was coming out of the exhaust except it was a goldish brown color. so i was foreverly stoked on life after it was running took it out to my friends later that day and it was RIPPIN everywhere. then i went off the easiest double he had an stuck the nose on the face of the landing and ripped the motor out of the motor mount. dang BUT a replacement was only about 10 bucks so it was a cheap fix. but i thought id tell you guys cause no one ever listens to me and wants to hear my stories. never thought i could ever wake up that lil guy ever again. thank traxxas for those unbreakable motors
Old 01-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

LOL, sounds like you had FUN!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Oh it was so worth it!!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

[Sarcasm]This can't be a true story. Traxxas only produces unreliable junk for newbs![/Sarcasm]

Good story! I agree with you. Traxxas makes some tough trucks even if they have had their issues.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

I forgot how fun these nitros are
Old 01-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SLO county race
I forgot how fun these nitros are
Yep. Nothing beats the sound and the smell!!!