Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
AVOID NITROTEK!!! >

AVOID NITROTEK!!!

AVOID NITROTEK!!!

Old 12-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down AVOID NITROTEK!!!

I pre-ordered and paid upfront for an FS Racing Monster Truck from the Nitrotek website back at the beginning of November 2010 with the assurance that pre-ordering and paying for the item in advance would guarantee the item would be received in time for Xmas 2010. I even contacted them throughout this waiting period to get updates and every time was assured that my item would be with me before Xmas.
After waiting for a month with constant assurances they send me the wrong item!!
I contacted them again and they were completely unwilling to help me, even when I explained again this was a Xmas present for a young child who would be devastated if they did not receive the item on Xmas morning.
They just said we don't have the item and there is nothing we can do!!

Thanks for nothing Nitrotek!! You have left a small child very upset this Xmas!!

My advice to anyone considering buying an item from Nitrotek would be DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Their customer service is non-existent and they have no interest in the customer or order once they have their money!!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Thumbs down Thats not cool

Thats BS! I would demand a refund. Aperently they could care less about there customers. Im really sorry to hear about your boy not gettin his X Mas wish. I cant believe they would just "send you something" Thats insane! They should have contacted you and asked if theres another model youd prefer. Or offer a full refund. But to just send you whatever isnt cool.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Man that is terrible. Ya if you don not treat your customers right you will be out of business. Sorry you had to go through this.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

wow seriously ?
they can't do that way ...

I am sorry to hear that man ,,,
Old 12-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Stories like this is why you should support your good local hobby shop(s) in your area. They have comparable equipment, parts support, and good relations with their distributors in case there are issues like what you describe. Now, not all areas have good LHS's, but if you do have one or find one, if you support them, they will support you.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Stories like this is why you should support your good local hobby shop(s) in your area. They have comparable equipment, parts support, and good relations with their distributors in case there are issues like what you describe. Now, not all areas have good LHS's, but if you do have one or find one, if you support them, they will support you.
+1 cheers
Old 12-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 145 (99%+)

I hope you can get a refund with you credit card or debit card company. Good luck.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Yea! You should contact your CC company or bank. You did'nt pay for what they sent you. They kinda just kept your $$$. They probably didnt wanna issue a refund so they sent you whatever instead of losing the sale altoghter. But that doest seem right.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It's hard to justify buying large, expensive items in a local hobby store. You can save so much money online. The only way I buy large ticket items in local shops is if they match online prices or if they are reasonably close in price.

is Nitrotek a UK site? That's the only one I found using Google. Shame on them!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Same one I see from googling. I sur ehope you put this onm your credit card and can fight it. Sounds like your boy is going to be disappointed though and thats sad. Good luck
Old 12-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Avoid monster trucks!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
It's hard to justify buying large, expensive items in a local hobby store. You can save so much money online. The only way I buy large ticket items in local shops is if they match online prices or if they are reasonably close in price.

is Nitrotek a UK site? That's the only one I found using Google. Shame on them!
The only bad thing about asking your LHS to match online prices, is that they lose out on money to pay for overhead. Not trying to flame on you but IMO it's a small price to pay for having a shop with a track to race at.

It is a shame the OP got such a raw deal!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well said, many people here in the philippines think they save money by ordering online, not knowing and thinking of all the hidden charges and taxes they will pay when the item reach customs. then they compare my shop price with the internet price i think that is unfair since most of my stuff cost them just about 10% more.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am not telling anyone not to buy stuff online. I have bought stuff online myself but only after checking to see if my local hobby shop could get it first. If they could, they normally worked a deal with me due to what I requested not being a regular item in their shop. However, you have many that just "want to be cheap" about their purchases in this hobby and a story like this is what happens sometimes. Personally, I would rather pay the 10% extra to have good service and knowledge from the guys in the LHS if I have some technical issue with what I purchased. If I need something re-soldered, re-glued, or re-attached, the "online shop" can't do that.

A few of these "online" stores are just sales/marketing guys that found out they can make a boat-load of money pushing cheap r/c products (usually from China) without any knowledge of the products or r/c in general. I see many of these cars come through my LHS when broken and hate to see the sad/shocked/upset looks on the faces of the people when told that the store has no parts to match or come close to the one(s) broken (because dad wanted to be cheap). Was this really worth trying to save a few dollars???
Old 12-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you should know not to buy from a web site that sells acme stuff!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.