Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 cvd's in a Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

comiserations about the freezing garage - its 26C here and sunny heading to 32C for christmas day. I am using the RPM carriers so the new inner bearing fits into the seat for the stock bearing rather than sitting up against it - I ground down a 9/16 washer and used that as a spacer instead of the O ring. no issues with binding I have about 2mm of slot in the CVD cup at full travel.
Im using the original holes - making up some spacers to keep everything nice and tight. I have the kershaw wide conversion kit for my front arms so widths will be the same front and rear.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So have you tried the truck yet? I want to know if what I did to my ERBE works for the EMaxx also.

Last edited by mistercrash; 12-23-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Havent tried the truck yet still fabricating the main chassis however it looks good I think your mod will work with no shims on the stock carriers on the E maxx - I prefer the true track RPM's and I dont mind the extra messing around to make it work.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Initiate

got the truck on the road finally the axles work 100 % with the rpm cups provided you machine down a small washer or two to space the cvd in approx 1mm (see the pic with the o ring).
The stock carriers will work with no spacers but you have to make the outer carrier largeras with the revo mod

I'm running ceramic bearings to cope wiyh the extra offset I'm using and it seems to be ok

I'm running 6s MMM with a 1717(torque monster)and 7 1/2 inch wheels
and they havent busted yet!

I think you could do this mod without modding carriers or spacing with the tekno 8mm revo carriers - I'll post if I change this thing to 4 wheel drive...