E-REVO

Old 11-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Divey
This is the funniest post I have ever read. I can care less to what you agree/disagree with. My post was directed to the OP and was my opinion only. Things I have done to make it better. Everyone's driving style is different so parts tend to break/not break per person. I drive my trucks pretty hard and everything I listed has broke, then was upgraded. How can you burn through slipper pads when they are aluminum. That doesn't make sense. And you do not want to set the slipper tight especially since the erevo does not have 1/8 scale diffs. Sure they are strong but they will fail faster with a tight slipper. Drive shafts are the number one part that break first and have been reported by most erevo users. And rear skid plates depends on if your racing it or not. I go through plastic skids fairly quick and even quicker when racing. As for the stock servo setup, 2 servos will never be in sync which each other. One will try to over power the other which will result in the other failing. With any kind of crashes, they will go out of align and will start working against each other. A single servo setup is the best way you can go in any truck.

Seriously, I have read through many of your negative posts and have held back from saying anything for the longest time. But now you want to reply negative crap about my post that was in my opinion directed to the OP only, I'm not holding back anymore. You really need to get a life and stop being so negative. You say nothing of yours ever breaks and stock parts are this and that. Well if you ever drive your trucks you would know that certain parts will break especially when driven hard. Everyone has there own driving techniques so you can't say that certain parts will hold up cause yours do not break. You need to grow up.

Now to the OP, all my suggestions are based on bashing hard. From the sounds of it that seems like what you want to do. Try running the stock parts and when they break, upgrade from there.

Oh and Casey, you can reply back with your sarcasm and negativity, I will not loose any sleep over it.

Terry

EDIT: By the way, all the parts that I listed that broke, that was my wife driving. The erevo is hers and she mostly bashes with it.
This CaseyDDR guy just cracks me up. Just ignore the little bastard.
I'm guessing he is just desperate for attention.

My E-Revo has come and gone, but I would say there are many weak spots. Just start out stock and start up-grading as you break stuff (and you will break stuff). The E-Revo can be made into a strong basher, just be prepared to spend a lot of money replacing parts as the break.

I would run the slipper on the loose side too, the stock diffs and drive shafts can't handle the power a brushless system will put thru them. Shimming the ring and pinion is key to getting any amount of life out of them, they are under sized for that size and weight of the truck and will wear very quickly if not shimmed and maintained properly.

Last edited by RockHoundRC; 11-12-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

To OP, we talked in PM. Don't worry about the stuff they are talking about, these are ppl who try to bash a car and make up 'weak' points. Drive it hard with RPM and the tubes, you'll be in for a pleasant treat.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well I'm with Casey... He probably can't find any weak points on it, you actually need to take it off the shelf to find them.

Yeah, we bash our trucks, (I don't have revo, I hav savages) that's how you find the weak spots, no good just looking at the truck trying to find them.

Btw, it's Casey you shouldn't really take notice of, search his latest posts...
Old 11-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Ryan86
Well I'm with Casey... He probably can't find any weak points on it, you actually need to take it off the shelf to find them.

Yeah, we bash our trucks, (I don't have revo, I hav savages) that's how you find the weak spots, no good just looking at the truck trying to find them.

Btw, it's Casey you shouldn't really take notice of, search his latest posts...
What, bickering with Flux fanboys? It's a tough job when ppl like you with little comparable experience try to state what's fact or opinion.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Why are you even signed up to this site? Obviously you know everything and you never really help anyone out
Old 11-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryan86
Why are you even signed up to this site? Obviously you know everything and you never really help anyone out
Just like the aluminum slipper pads that are "not" stock on the erevo. Your true colors came out and now you have been exposed. The typical poor sport that has nothing else to say and runs away. Your the erevo expert here Casey, you should have know this.

Terry
Old 11-12-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
What, bickering with Flux fanboys? It's a tough job when ppl like you with little comparable experience try to state what's fact or opinion.
I have great comparable experience. I have owned an E-Revo. Went from stock brushed to Mamba Monster with a Medusa 2300V2SE on 6 cell and everything in between. I know what broke, I replaced the parts. I up-graded and up-graded until I sold it and moved on to the Flux and Summit that I have now. I am speaking from experience. It can be made into a good truck, but for some people it can get very costly. Just wanted to point that out for the OP so he can have some idea what he might get into.

Proud member of the "Flux Fan-Boy Casey Hater" club.

Last edited by RockHoundRC; 11-12-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Am I the only one who sees the same arguments, the same retaliations, the same EVERYTHING with each and every MT thread....
Old 11-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wolf16731
Am I the only one who sees the same arguments, the same retaliations, the same EVERYTHING with each and every MT thread....
No you are not. Sorry.

I should know better.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Its all good RockHound, I was just curious to see if I was the only one.

To the OP, I am sorry your thread was cluttered in this way, but this type of thread always brings up these results. ALWAYS. But to your original question, if I were you I would just bash the hell out of it and upgrade as you break the parts. Thats really the only good way to bulletproof any rig out there. Have fun bro, I hope you enjoy that thing, even though I have to admit that I'm an HPI fan boy as well. Kind of hard not to be when the Savage I have owned has been faithfully keeping me entertained for the last 8 years and Blitz keeps me at the front of the pack on race day. My MT2 18SS was a pleasure to own as well, but I sold it to make room for an OFNA Hyper 7! I really wished there was a race class for 1/10 AWD stadium trucks..
Old 11-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Divey
Your the erevo expert here Casey
I have to disagree. I'M the E-Revo expert.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We ran a 2200 BL Revo for a while.... had tons of issues with the driveshafts breaking...blew only a couple of diff's, replaced the arms with RPM.... We tries loosening the slipper but then the performance suffered as the slipper slipped too much..then when we tightened the slipper the shafts would snap.... couldn't find the sweet spot between the slipper being too loose or too tight...seemed no matter what it was never right.... My buddy ended up giving up on the Revo and converted a Mugen 6T to BL and has never looked back..much more durable platform then the Revo was...
Old 11-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mistercrash
I have to disagree. I'M the E-Revo expert.
Yes You are.... Seriously. A darn near 35 page what too.. what not.. on the E-revo over on Revo world. You have done everything and done it very very well crash...

OP I would strongly suggest going over there and reading that thread.
http://www.revo-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5210
Old 11-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MalicousIntent
OP I would strongly suggest going over there and reading that thread.
http://www.revo-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5210
That thread hasn't been updated in a long while because the site is almost inactive and will be deleted soon. You want to see a thread about the E-Revo then check out RC Monster
Old 11-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I'm rebuilding ours from the ground up right now. Baught new at the end of July, not used that much, and its now pretty much a pile of crap from bumper to bumper. Its my wife's and I wanted to get her a real race truggy but she likes her revo so I'm for some reason putting a ton of new parts and money into it. Her driving style doesn't help much either. She drives it like its bombproof and its not. I'm 75% done with rebuilding it but I don't even know if you can call it a rebuild. Its about 90% all new. It does look pretty badass but I'm sure that will only last about 1 or 2 heats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.