LST or REVO or SAVAGE 25 or MGT or TNX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LST or REVO or SAVAGE 25 or MGT or TNX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default LST or REVO or SAVAGE 25 or MGT or TNX?

Hi,

Hope you guys can give me feedback. Especially wanna hear from people who've owned /used 1 or more of the above MTs.

Have been enjoying electric RCs on and off for the last 5 years but enjoyed my Emaxx most. I wanna try nitro monster truck but haven't decided which one. My considerations would be reliability, durability, ease of use (setup / tuning, eay to tune engine), and most especially, fun to use. Usage will be mostly bashing and ocassional racing at our local track.

Have narrowed it to LST ( I've been a Losi fan ever since -- XXT, XXXS, XXX4, Rallyweapon ), REVO ( for me the emaxx was truly a great electric monster truck ), SAVAGE 25, MGT, TNX ( all available and have received various good feedback from local racers )

I would like to have an MT that I can grow with and run without having to hop up 1st just to make it competitive. ( We hold a stock / out of the box race )

Thanks.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Dude just sit back and see how they fair. The revo looks great but i really think the LST is where its gonna be at. But i am gonna sit and wait till the dust settles. See where my money is best spent. I like you have been into electric mostly monster trucks and want to try nitro but dont want to just buy one of these and there be a better one. peace
Old 06-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think you should go with the Ballistic, it looks like a awsome truck.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

For me it would be between the Savage and the new Revo.

I've seen Savages run, and their handling is superb. It's a much more interesting design than the Maxx, TNX or MGT.

However, the new REVO really caught my eye. I'm a sucker for design, and that chassis and suspension just looks too cool.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Which one is the Ballistic ?

Anyway choices are limited. Really depends on the local LHSs in the country. Only HPI, Losi, Tamiya, Kyosho, Associated are supported. (for MTs)
Old 06-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

rallyweapon: I tried balikr/c's MGT. nice! I've gone through a savage already and a couple of T-Maxxes, and its nothing compared to the MGT. Then again, the LST is comming soon.

Just my opinion.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

In the Proline Maxx race...the revo came 1st but if you read the whole article, the 2 TNX's were actually leading til' they ran out of fuel...does this mean that the tnx were better than the revo?

Checked out some tnx forums and they would say that the tnx had great handling and such and were better than the mgt's and the savages...is this really true? The car ain't much of a looker thoguh
Old 06-28-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Saw the same article on the Proline Maxx race and wondered as well about the TNX hence this thread and since its a Tamiya, build quality must be great, right ? But all and all, the LST for its sheer size and REVO for its unorthodox suspension (for an MT) are really drawing my attention to this class.

However, I guess the prudent thing to do is wait it out and let everyone else sort out all the bugs, first shipment and all.

Paul, which one are you getting ? LST? I know you're not exactly a Losi fan, but who knows ...
Old 06-28-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

The only prob that i have seen with the TNX is that it's not assembled well. A lot of people were complaining that the car is not screwed up well.

Lets just see which one is the real winner. I used to think that the tmaxx was big till I saw a pic of it with the MGT and the TNX. Man...it made the tmaxx tiny! But is smaller and lighter=faster?
Old 06-28-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

As build quality goes, which one then was better ? (as in past history) Traxxas, Tamiya, Losi, Associated, HPI ?

Lighter is faster ? Maybe. Lets look at real life. Lotus Elise, Smart Roadster, MX5. Better handler I guess. But what about those w/ bigger engines? Viper, Ferrari, Corvette C6, Cadillac CTS-V.

Hmmm...
Old 06-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Good point!

I think what made me like the Revo is because of traxxas excelent advertisements. They made a great web site with great vids and scoops. Hmm...but looks better for trashing though...

Let's just let the track prove which car is the best
Old 06-29-2004, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

rallyweapon: am putting my money on the revo. The TNX, well...its a Tamiya. and by the looks of it, first thing to go would be the tires. Then there's the side exhaust engine(?) (even OS made)...parts? thats another issue as you know who brings in Tamiya over here?

The thing that draws me to the revo, is the suspension. its a mix of rock crawling (style) and F1 racing! ... Plus, I guess its the only monster truck (not truggies) that would allow you to use a starter box. Then again, theres the engine. How would it compare to the ones already being used here...sirio 27s' Savage 25s...... I guess it boils down to the driver. Have you seen them race? (specially last sunday at JPs)

The LST looks bad. Too bad, am an AE guy.

mailbox: Personally, I think size matters in racing but bigger doesnt always mean its better. I'd prefer a Mini Cooper S than Corvette anytime.

Then again, these are all my personal opinioins. So, no flames with the Corvette comment.

Last edited by paulc; 06-29-2004 at 05:31 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

That's what i was trying to say about parts availability with the TNX.

The revo also has longer arms. It's supposed to go offroad so I bet the longer arms would help you crawl up big obstacles.

I don't like the LST either...looks a bit too big and overkill. Hehehehe

I'd like to see a shoot out between all the MT's as box stock...just to see which is the best monster.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Ok you got me convinced. Was feeling nostalgic for the Tamiya as this was my first RC, but I agree with your concens wholeheartedly.

Paul, When are you getting your REVO ? Would you mind giving us feedback as soon as you get it ? ... just found out that Geetoo will be bringing in the Savage 25 almost same time as Pitshop. Monster Truck picture is getting interesting and with the REVO out, I think other manufacturers will get on the ball and try to come up with their own innovative designs as well.

I just downloaded a 15 minute demonstration of the REVO at the RCX show. Wow!

Guys, since this might probably be my first Nitro RC, any tips ?
Old 06-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

whoa! I though you're getting one as soon as the shipment arrives?!

My only concern with the Revo would really be the engine. sigh, can't have both worlds. Anyways, even with the MGT/LST you're bound to change the engine also anyway. Right?

I too started with Tamiya, but the competitors are way better in more ways than one.

PS: download the video from www.radiocontrolzone.com ...nice!

Originally posted by rallyweapon
Ok you got me convinced. Was feeling nostalgic for the Tamiya as this was my first RC, but I agree with your concens wholeheartedly.

Paul, When are you getting your REVO ? Would you mind giving us feedback as soon as you get it ? ... just found out that Geetoo will be bringing in the Savage 25 almost same time as Pitshop. Monster Truck picture is getting interesting and with the REVO out, I think other manufacturers will get on the ball and try to come up with their own innovative designs as well.

I just downloaded a 15 minute demonstration of the REVO at the RCX show. Wow!

Guys, since this might probably be my first Nitro RC, any tips ?

Last edited by paulc; 06-30-2004 at 12:22 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.