Community
Wiki Posts
Search

savage needs to go faster hmmmm

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default savage needs to go faster hmmmm

i have an axial .28 engine and the hpi moded exhoust what should i get to make it go faster
Old 08-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

3 speed and or gearing change
Old 08-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (95%+)

^^ thats one, for a bit more lean it out
plus axials are FULL of torque not so much the speedy side, you want a fast .28 get a grp, i loved it!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

An Axial .28 is a carbon copy of the K4.6, it is NOT an upgrade besides the build quality maybe.

Get the Dynamite 086 Pipe, it will help much more than what you have on it now.

Also get the 3 speed, it's great

You can also ditch the stock Savage tires which are big and heavy, and go for something like Proline Mashers, Mulchers, Bowties, and some dish rims.

You can buy a smaller spur also.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
An Axial .28 is a carbon copy of the K4.6, it is NOT an upgrade besides the build quality maybe.

Get the Dynamite 086 Pipe, it will help much more than what you have on it now.

Also get the 3 speed, it's great

You can also ditch the stock Savage tires which are big and heavy, and go for something like Proline Mashers, Mulchers, Bowties, and some dish rims.

You can buy a smaller spur also.
I have the same Axial engine, very good engine that is very torquey. I agree with everything he said, the 3 speed has been nothing but great for me.

However, the Axial engine WAS an upgrade for me since it was still running the S-25 motor from 2003-2008.

Also, look for an aluminum clutch of some sort. That will give the engine a snappy feel to it. This engine needs a very good clutch.

I may have to find that pipe you suggested, Casey. I am still running the damned aluminum "ribbed" pipe from long ago. What is the benefit that the Dynamite pipe has that mine doesn't? I don't know much about RC pipes for the big bores as to what is good for what? That is probably my only noobish flaw...
Old 08-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by wolf16731
I have the same Axial engine, very good engine that is very torquey. I agree with everything he said, the 3 speed has been nothing but great for me.

However, the Axial engine WAS an upgrade for me since it was still running the S-25 motor from 2003-2008.

Also, look for an aluminum clutch of some sort. That will give the engine a snappy feel to it. This engine needs a very good clutch.

I may have to find that pipe you suggested, Casey. I am still running the damned aluminum "ribbed" pipe from long ago. What is the benefit that the Dynamite pipe has that mine doesn't? I don't know much about RC pipes for the big bores as to what is good for what? That is probably my only noobish flaw...
Just made for top end, helps get some more RPMS outta the motor. It's the pipe all of HPISF swears by. Cheap too, you can find them used for about 25-30$ shipped.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Just made for top end, helps get some more RPMS outta the motor. It's the pipe all of HPISF swears by. Cheap too, you can find them used for about 25-30$ shipped.
Hmm, I like the sounds of that. And the low end doesn't suffer? I'm too used to things being one or the other, never both, unless you look at the Buku pipe. I've heard a few good things on that particular pipe, but not for +$100!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

make it a flux!