Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
My first 4 lipos from HK for Flux. How'd I do? >

My first 4 lipos from HK for Flux. How'd I do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My first 4 lipos from HK for Flux. How'd I do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default My first 4 lipos from HK for Flux. How'd I do?

Allright, after finding out that international air takes FOREVER from Hobby King, and not wanting to wait for my first set of Lipos longer then I wanted, I decided to go ahead and place another order using the 3 day UPS shipping option. Not only did these JUST get restocked but I managed to snag these up for a special one time offer price of $29

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10305

My first ordered Lipos were these guys

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10277

I feel good about this as I now have two different styles of my first turnigy battery to try in "Frostbyte II" and get see which one works/fits better, not mention if I can notice the difference on different C specs. I also got them prices that I never thought possible for Lipos. Did I do good in finding power for my new Flux?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Freezebyte
Allright, after finding out that international air takes FOREVER from Hobby King, and not wanting to wait for my first set of Lipos longer then I wanted, I decided to go ahead and place another order using the 3 day UPS shipping option. Not only did these JUST get restocked but I managed to snag these up for a special one time offer price of $29

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10305

My first ordered Lipos were these guys

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10277

I feel good about this as I now have two different styles of my first turnigy battery to try in "Frostbyte II" and get see which one works/fits better, not mention if I can noticed difference on the different C specs. I also got them prices that I never thought possible for Lipos. Did I do good in finding power for my new Flux?
That one time offer happens every two weeks :P
Old 08-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh, well I thought it was cool anyway to show a special pricing "pop up" Never seen that before I'm also just so happy I don't have to pay insane SMC prices anymore to power my Flux.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have those black turnigys. They are a decent lipo. I had a tough time keeping the balancing plug in the battery tray. I would say tape it to the side when running. They charge kind of slow too. My Venom 5400 charges faster.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, I figured if that I like one or the other better, I can always sell one pair, try 6s or get another of the same.

Even with two separate shipments for two different pairs of Lipos, I STILL spent less then I did on my 1 pair of SMC lipos last year! Just amazing....
Old 08-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What made you switch back after the 5T? I recently made the change from FLUX to 5B. No regrets as of yet. But am leaning towards an ERBE. Just curious on your thoughts...

Thanks
Old 08-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jms493
I have those black turnigys. They are a decent lipo. I had a tough time keeping the balancing plug in the battery tray. I would say tape it to the side when running. They charge kind of slow too. My Venom 5400 charges faster.
I have those same hardcase packs and I charge them at 10amps just fine.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vstrok
What made you switch back after the 5T? I recently made the change from FLUX to 5B. No regrets as of yet. But am leaning towards an ERBE. Just curious on your thoughts...

Thanks
5T was alot of fun, but it just become to much of a money pit to run and maintain. It was also PITA to move around the apartment, lug out the car and do it all over again going back home, then having to clean it constantly so it was easier to work on. And it was becoming less fun because I was constantly worried about driving it to hard, breaking something and forking over more cash to fix it. I also had alot fewer area's to run it in after my bash pit got gated off and I didn't wanna worry about pissing people off with the noise.

It was fun to own drive, and learn about Baja's for sure. I'm glad I finally got to try it out after 3 years of thinking about it. In the end, it was too expensive for me as a secondary hobby.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

5T was alot of fun, but it just become to much of a money pit to run and maintain. It was also PITA to move around the apartment, lug out the car and do it all over again going back home, then having to clean it constantly so it was easier to work on. And it was becoming less fun because I was constantly worried about driving it to hard, breaking something and forking over more cash to fix it. I also had alot fewer area's to run it in after my bash pit got gated off and I didn't wanna worry about pissing people off with the noise.

It was fun to own drive, and learn about Baja's for sure. I'm glad I finally got to try it out after 3 years of thinking about it. In the end, it was too expensive for me as a secondary hobby.
All the sme reasons i just got rid of my 5B, to go back to electric.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
I have those same hardcase packs and I charge them at 10amps just fine.
i need a better charger...my thunder only charges up to 5 amps
Old 08-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jms493
i need a better charger...my thunder only charges up to 5 amps
I just ordered a Thunder Ac6 myself. I was thinking about the Dynamite Passport Ultra, but for freaking $55 and having better features then the Ultra, I was like hell, i'll buy two and still come out money ahead!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lilwillywilly
All the sme reasons i just got rid of my 5B, to go back to electric.
So im not the only one who felt this way?
Old 08-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

So im not the only one who felt this way?
You notice I sold my Baja also right?
Old 08-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
You notice I sold my Baja also right?
You to? What was your reasons? Dang, at the BYT forums, people are also selling their baja's left and right, I didn't mean to start a trend!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I may try and sell mine for a few bucks and grab an ERBE. I would get another FLUX, but they are kina a PITA to work on. The ERBE seams a bit more workable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.