Wiki Posts
Search

a fix for stripping out the rear body mount...REVO

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default a fix for stripping out the rear body mount...REVO

for as long as i had a revo, ive been stripping the 3rd bolt that hold the rear body mount to the chassis. if you owned a revo, you konw what im talking about.

to day while i was removing the wing, i was like " why havent i fixed this yet" it was a simple fix so i decided to share it with you guys.

just drill out the theaded part of the mount with a 13/64 drill bit

place a nut backwards on a smaller 3mm screw

place some them between it, where the chassis goes ( i used wheel nuts)

and just tighten down the screw till the nut is pressed in, then put a drop of ca glue so it doest fall out.

thats it,, it will NEVER strip again.

i also pressed in a red washer for the screw so it wouldent pull through
Attached Thumbnails a fix for stripping out the rear body mount...REVO-hpim3145.jpg   a fix for stripping out the rear body mount...REVO-hpim3146.jpg   a fix for stripping out the rear body mount...REVO-hpim3147.jpg   a fix for stripping out the rear body mount...REVO-hpim3148.jpg   a fix for stripping out the rear body mount...REVO-hpim3154.jpg  

Old 06-13-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Addict

Thats nice work but alot of effort. I use a fat sheet metal screw and grind the point off. Then I just screw it in and it grabs the chassis plate clearance hole and threads right into the chassis. Have never had a problem and raced this way for over 3 years.

Last edited by pntmachine; 06-13-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Put a little thick cynoacrylate glue (super glue, tire glue) on the original screw then thread it into the hole and wait for it to dry. Yes the screw can be unscrewed when needed.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lostinbaja
Put a little thick cynoacrylate glue (super glue, tire glue) on the original screw then thread it into the hole and wait for it to dry. Yes the screw can be unscrewed when needed.
You are still relying on soft plastic and brittle glue. Thread it into the metal chassis plate and be done. Its tight at first but once threads are formed its fine.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pntmachine
Thats nice work but alot of effort. I use a fat sheet metal screw and grind the point off. Then I just screw it in and it grabs the chassis plate clearance hole and threads right into the chassis. Have never had a problem and raced this way for over 3 years.
yeah, but mine looks purrrtttyyyy

and only takes 5 min. to do