Wiki Posts
Search

AE MGT Chassis Quailty

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default AE MGT Chassis Quailty

As much as i like the mgt's layout and ease of access to all the components, I was quite disappointed with the quality of the stock chassis.

I bash it at the local bmx track, i wouldn't say hard, but a few tumbles here and there. But everything held up nicely EXCEPT for the chassis, the engine mount screws actually ripped thru the chassis, and bent the chassis.

I gone through 2 chassis now, and now onto my 3rd. I know its aluminum, and its soft but i didn't expect it to bend and rip like that.

Here some pics i took.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Old 05-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

put some washers under the head on the screws..or put a plate on the bottom...it should completley stop it.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have never seen that on a MGT chassis. I wonder if they are using a different grade of aluminum? My MGT is from the first production run and is still straight. I can honestly say it has been on several round trips to hell and back. There is no sign of the motor mount bolts pulling thru the chassis.

I agree that some washers should help stop that for happening again.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default similar problem

my buddy had that same problem. I myself treat my MGT like you wouldn't believe, bashing the hell out of it. I have went through a few chassis, but never from that problem. Its a tough machine.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Rookie

this is why i love the mgt even tho i went through 2 chassis, it only took me 1 hr to swap everything over to a new chassis.

Very easy to work on, compare to my savage

well, i put washer on the bottom of the screws and threaded them in tight w some blue locktite.

Go out tmr morning and see if it makes a differece.

What i noticed from this is that, ONLY the back left hole seems to strip through, all the other ones are fine.

What kind of engine mount you guys are using?? I ordered a new era one, gonna put that on my axial and see
Old 05-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default MGT compared to LST@

Hey guys, i love my MGT its hopped up beyond belief and has been a great all around truck. I know that that Savage is tough (I never here the end of it everywhere) but its a real pain in the butt to work on. I know that the LST2 also has a "similar" chassis. How is it compared to the MGT? for working on and performance? My MGT has been upgraded to an 8.0 also.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have NEVER seen anything like that, and I've slammed my MGT had-on into the ground on more than a few occasions, into curbs, dirt, grass etc. I even landed on the roof into a curb (thank god for rollcages), and nothing was damaged. I don't use washers either.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default MGT chassis

My MGT chassis did the same thing.