Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Savage 25 Thread >

Savage 25 Thread

Savage 25 Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Savage 25 Thread

Heres a thread for the savage 25 for all you newbies like me who always have question to ask. Ill start. Has any one here smoked there one way bearing on the roto start piece on the back of the motor? I did in just 1 week. Im pissed.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Okay I bought a Dynamite Fuel Filter and Im gunna give a walkthrough of it. I havent tested it because of my one-way bearing.
Features:
High volume filter dosnt restrict fuel flow
Availablein red, blue and titanium
Replacable sintered bronze elements
Works with all engines
Convienient mounting clip

Okay First off I had to dissasemble too see what I got in this package.

Looked all good to me, no defects or complicated instructions, nothing ( there were no instructions). I cut the fuel line appropriatly so it'd fit.

Next I put the fuel line on the filter. MAKE SURE THE FILTER IS FACEING THE RIGHT WAY!

Next I put it all on the ground to see what it'd look like.

Looked good to me so from there i put in in The truck and Super glued it to the rear shock tower. I would have drilled a hole in the shock tower but i didnt want to risk structural weakness.

There it is im done.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Coming soon Ill have a walkthrough for installing a new pipe . It might not be for quite a while though. Any comments on the Savage 25 can be posted here.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default HPI's New Savage

Here's a pic of HPI's new Savage.
Hope you guys enjoy it.
Attached Thumbnails Savage 25 Thread-dsc00032.jpg  
Old 04-26-2004, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default HPI's New Savage

Here's another
Attached Thumbnails Savage 25 Thread-dsc00034.jpg  
Old 04-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Drift-r
The one way bearing on my savage also got wasted pretty quick. That roto-start really beats the snot out of the engine. If your engine siezes-up stop trying to start it as this stresses everything out even more. I ended up putting a pull start on it shortly after. The pull start really solves alot of problems IMO. (no need for a battery and the truck is easier to start if you're racing, etc, etc.) I just got a Wasp .26 P/S last week and I've been waiting patiently to install and break it in........................I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Have fun with that new Engine J240Z. I got A new one way today and if i blow it up im getting rid of the roto start
Old 04-30-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Its all how you start it with a Roto Start.

You can just push the button on the rotostart and keep it pressed until the engire fires up. You need to learn how to pulse it, just like a Pull start only turns the engine over a bit.

Hold the button for 2 seconds max. Then stop, and pulse it again. Thats the right way to start it. I've gone through 2 gallons of gas so far and I'm still on my original one-way bearing.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by KansasCajun
Its all how you start it with a Roto Start.

You can just push the button on the rotostart and keep it pressed until the engire fires up. You need to learn how to pulse it, just like a Pull start only turns the engine over a bit.

Hold the button for 2 seconds max. Then stop, and pulse it again. Thats the right way to start it. I've gone through 2 gallons of gas so far and I'm still on my original one-way bearing.

I agree! I think another thing that may lead to wasting the one-way is trying to start it when the engine is flooded. When the engine locks up STOP using the roto start immediatly. You will eventually fry the bearing and you'll end up frying the roto start motor too. And a new motor isn't cheap ($35).
Old 05-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh boy, Today my new mtor saver air filter blew off my engine and dirt got in it and screwed the whole thing up. It grinds like crap when i move the flywheel. I need suggestions on how to blow this thing up plz and also are there any good motors out there for the savage 25? I need one with a lil bit more power etc. Im screwed for 20 weeks. 10$ a week 200.00 Canaidan dollars needed to buy new motor. DAMNIT
Old 05-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hop Ups

Hi guys...

I will be buying a Savage 25 SS next month while having my holiday in Hong Kong (RC paradise?).

What are the most essential parts that need replacement/hop upped?

My LHS (HPI dealer) is not doing a good job in stocking Savage parts and it is the only shop that carries HPI parts..., thus, I will need to get all necessary parts together and bring back home.

So far on my list are
1) heavy duty dog bones x 4
2) hopup brake set
3) Spur gears? size?
4) ???

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

hmmm...I first got these to save my engine

Air Filter from Motor Saver
Fuel Filter from Dynamite

These are my performance upgrades

Ofna Hyper 21 eight port
Lightened flywheel

These are just some things I bought

GS Racing Fuel line, so i could see the fuel and bubbles
GS Racing Exhaust Coupler, because i accidentaly cut the other 1.

I really reccomend these

1. Five Cell Reciever pack for more braking power and longer driving times.
2. Motor Saver Air Filter, It looks cool and its way better than the stock one. It has a three stage filtering process and its liht weight
3.Fuel Filter, It can save you from having to buy a new engine. The down part is if your not getting your engine to start its one more thing you have to check for a problem
4. Spare spur gears or Robinson racing's metal gear set. Theres a metal gear on the motor and plastic spur. If you Try to pick up your truck and rev it up to warm it up you rip the gear to shreads some times.
5.The dogbones are prababroly a good idea.
6. With the five cell reciever pack you shouldnt have to worry about braking but if you wanna go hardcore get the DOuble Disc Brake Set

Have fun with it!
Old 05-13-2004, 03:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Hop Ups

Originally posted by Vifer
Hi guys...

I will be buying a Savage 25 SS next month while having my holiday in Hong Kong (RC paradise?).

What are the most essential parts that need replacement/hop upped?

My LHS (HPI dealer) is not doing a good job in stocking Savage parts and it is the only shop that carries HPI parts..., thus, I will need to get all necessary parts together and bring back home.

So far on my list are
1) heavy duty dog bones x 4
2) hopup brake set
3) Spur gears? size?
4) ???

Thanks in advance.

Here is what I recommend first:
1) 5 cell Dynamite RX Hump
2) HPI dual disc conversion
3) HD center dogbones and cups
4) Failsafe (if you go long distances)

As more coin comes available:
1)Motorsaver filter
2)THS one piece pipe
3) Hi-Tech steering servo
4) any brand low profile firm street, or offroad tire (I love my Road Rashes)
Old 05-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have been having truble keeping my 25 started. will start right up but then cuts out....it's driving me mad....any ideas.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would help ya but my Hyper .21 eight port is doin the exact same thing. 20% nitro helped and so did a different glow plug.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.