Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
4s lipo/Brushless in MT pics (anyone run Hummer body) >

4s lipo/Brushless in MT pics (anyone run Hummer body)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4s lipo/Brushless in MT pics (anyone run Hummer body)

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default 4s lipo/Brushless in MT pics (anyone run Hummer body)

I am new to the electric monster truck scene and had a couple questions.

Looking to build a E-Maxx, Clodbuster, or E-Savage project and currently have a couple 4s Lipos that are laying around. Would I be able to use these with the trucks listed above? I dont want to run 2 motors and would probably replace it with 1. Still want the capability to run in forward and reverse. What brushless motor/ESC would provide this. I will most likely still run sensored.

Anyone have any pics of their brushless E-Maxx setups?

I am also looking at the Hummer body and would like to see what it looks like on this chassis.

Thanks!

Chirag
Old 03-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I would go with the E-LST out of all those things. The Clod is old, and unless you wanna build a crawler or a scaler then its kinda not up to par. The E-savage, well that actual truck isnt that great, but if you build up from a nitro savage that could be nice. Or just go Flux. E-maxx, kinda a good platform, but depending on what your doing you can still build something better.

Id still go E-LST, its the best truck I have ever had. And itll run on 4s,5s, or 6s and be a monster. I actually held out as long as possible to my two E-LSTs, and unfortunately will be selling my newest last one that I have.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If you have the money I would go with either the e-revo BL edition or savage flux. Both trucks are durable and if you do break any local hobby shop will have parts
Old 03-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

ERBE will not let you use 2 4S individual pacs unless they are low capacity (and thus small) and can fit the batt boxes. Thats going to be a prob with the Emaxx also - Emaxx is set up for a pr of 2S pacs.

The ERBE boxes are big enough that you can run a pr of 3S lipos if they're not too big.

Not familar with the other two you mention and I don't know if 4S would fit in either of those.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

With the e-revo you can spend $20 and get the techno battery tray that will hold a 2,3,4,5, or 6 cell lipo

As for the flux your right, you can fir a 4s in it unless you do some modifications

Old 04-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Last edited by R-E-A-P-E-R-; 04-05-2010 at 12:31 PM.