Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying a New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Post Buying a New Truck

Ok well Ive had my e-maxx for about a week and destroyed it already..LOL but about July this year im going to buy a new truck and sell the E-maxx to one of my buds..But does anybody have suggestions for a Nitro truck thats not that expensive and there are many hop-ups for? Just in case it matters ive been in r/c for 1 year and Im a quite good driver.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Go for the T-maxx! More hop-ups than any other and with Traxxas introducing the new REVO in June maybe the stock T-Maxx will take a major price drop? Yeah right.....nice thought tho.

I'm sure one of the guys can tell you about Associated's latest Monster. I would like to hear some thoughts on that one.

I have two T-Maxx's and drive'em like I stole'em. Once you get the essential hop-ups put in......the fun begins.

Good luck man.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Between now and July the entire monster truck landscape will have changed.

The Monster GT's and GS SUT's were released late last season so didn't see a lot of activity...I susupect that will change..

Losi is releasing the LST, Traxxas is releasing the REVO, both scheduled before June...

CEN has the Genesis coming to market, plus I've heard rumours on some other projects..including another from OFNA...

Don't forget the current kings of the hill (yes plural) the T-Maxx and the Savage...

With this much activity, I also wouldnt be surprised if HPI drops another updated Savage on the market with a lower CG...
Old 04-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default new truck

well, choosing which truck to buy is really tough. there are lots of good trucks that you can bauy.. the hpi savage, t-maxx, kyosho mad force, losi super truck (still to be released). in buying a truck, choose the one which has the best product support in your area. who knows what might happen during a days bashing.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Good advice that. The minor differences in performance between trucks would probably be less annoying than having the marginally better truck which you then could never repair.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default spare parts...

i agree man... what you need to do is buy the truck and while your at it, get a few spare parts especially the arms, shock towers, gears. these stuffs are usually the one's that give in first. and if money is not an issue, go digital controllers. it saves you a lot of hassle compared to the analog controllers. also, go digital high torque high speed servos to turn to big wheels...
Old 04-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You said you want something not expensive and has alot of hop-ups. I recommend the Sportmaxx. I have one and love it. You can upgrade to 4WD and reverse if you want to and there are a ton of hop-ups.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

once you put the 4wd and the reverse and 2 speed into a sport maxx..haven't you paid more than a T-maxx???
Old 04-14-2004, 05:55 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

how about the FG Truck.
bigger faster and stronger.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Give a look at the new upcomin REVO
Old 04-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default which trucks...

man, if you were to get a new truck, get the one which has almost all the things you want. if you get those trucks that needs more upgrading, you'll end up spending more compared to getting the truck complete already...

man, check out the new traxxas revo and its video. really cool man...
Old 05-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Now see this!

Man check this out before you buy;

www.madforce.net
Old 05-05-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

That revo does look very impressive.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Suspended

Re: Buying a New Truck

Originally posted by TC3_MaN
Ok well Ive had my e-maxx for about a week and destroyed it already..LOL but about July this year im going to buy a new truck and sell the E-maxx to one of my buds..But does anybody have suggestions for a Nitro truck thats not that expensive and there are many hop-ups for? Just in case it matters ive been in r/c for 1 year and Im a quite good driver.
Destroyed E-Maxx in a week
Quite a good driver

Ya know even Nitro trucks suffer Damage when ya abuse em
Even the toughest truck in the world can and will break

I say if you get a Nitro truck Get lots of spare parts too

Sorry this is not directed at any one person, as they say "If The Shoe Fits Wear It"!
Old 05-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

I'd go for a T-maxx, I have an origional pro 15 and never had a problem... As for the guy who destroyed an E-Maxx, I got my 4 year old son an E-Maxx for christmas and he hasn't destroyed it...

As for the MGT... I decided to buy one to amuse myself with while I was rebuilding my old maxx... BFT it is not... I've had it about a month and I've blown the tranny, ripped the front suspension, screws and everything completely off the truck, had the fuel tank pickup go, broken a steering knuckle for no apparent reason... I by no means inexperienced, I've been racing off road since the 80's and have been in this hobby since the 70's...

You may also wait and see how the Revo and Losi truck look... But parts are going to be real scarce...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.