Wiki Posts
Search

Caster Fusion F8T brushless RTR OR E-Revo Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ventdependent
This will run me 150 bucks. What do you think?
If you can get a brushless ESC and motor for $150, that's pretty good. Given your choices, I think a 1/8 scale truggy would be the better choice since it will not have as many weak points as the E-Revo...granted you can get the whole setup within your budget.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
If you can get a brushless ESC and motor for $150, that's pretty good. Given your choices, I think a 1/8 scale truggy would be the better choice since it will not have as many weak points as the E-Revo...granted you can get the whole setup within your budget.
This is still a tough choice. I've decided I can go over budget =)

The E-revo is great because its basically plug and play.

I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoodala
He's not racing and probably likes to do more than circles. Most bashers like to have a little ground clearance also. And in case you didn't know it, they are all kids toys.

"The Truggy will be way tougher then the Revo" What is this based on? Do you own an E-Revo?

I stand by what I said originally. For bashing only go with the E-Revo.
FYI a truggy will go over rougher ground at higher speeds then a Revo will.... it will also jump better, corner better, brake better etc. etc....Also the Truggy will be quite a bit more durable...... And yes I have experience with a E-Revo, and its not competition in any way shape or form to a truggy....Just trying to make the E-Revo keep up to the Nitro Truggies was enough to break it every single day we ran it....its a neat truck, but nowhere near as capable or durable as a Truggy....

FYI a truggy has more suspension travel then a Revo, it just sits lower on its suspension with more downtravel.... As well all the extra ground clearance of a MT means nothing offroad as it only raises your COG which makes the vehicle more prone to tipping over.....
Old 02-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Maximo
FYI a truggy will go over rougher ground at higher speeds then a Revo will.... it will also jump better, corner better, brake better etc. etc....Also the Truggy will be quite a bit more durable...... And yes I have experience with a E-Revo, and its not competition in any way shape or form to a truggy....Just trying to make the E-Revo keep up to the Nitro Truggies was enough to break it every single day we ran it....its a neat truck, but nowhere near as capable or durable as a Truggy....

FYI a truggy has more suspension travel then a Revo, it just sits lower on its suspension with more downtravel.... As well all the extra ground clearance of a MT means nothing offroad as it only raises your COG which makes the vehicle more prone to tipping over.....
Do I need some sort of special gear to put on the motor for it to interact with the drive train with the truggy? If so can you recommend one.

If I do go with the caster I'll be using all hobbywing stuff except for spektrum radio.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ventdependent
Do I need some sort of special gear to put on the motor for it to interact with the drive train with the truggy? If so can you recommend one.

If I do go with the caster I'll be using all hobbywing stuff except for spektrum radio.
I am unsure what the Caster kit comes with.... All I was trying to say is that I recomend a Truggy over a MT.... I am not specifically familiar with the castor as I run Mugen....But that doesn't change the way I feel, I would take the Caster over the Revo...Too bad Losi doesn't have a BL version of the 10T, that is a smoking hot deal of a machine, wicked radio included...
Old 02-21-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The erevo is a good racer, I have one and race it too. Granted its no RC8T on the track but it is very competitive with just a little suspention tuning. It bashes well, and though I put the RPM a arms on mine, I never had any issues with the stock ones. Im also running 4 cell lipo, brushless and abuse it on ocassion.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The caster will come with a MOD 1 pinion.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Gonna roll with the caster f8t.....roller.

Throwing in Monster Mamba 2200KV with 19t pinion (thats what it comes with)

HiTech titanium servo runs in a couple of different volts (I have no friggen idea how to set which volt it uses or what that really means).

Airtronics 2.4ghz radio

A couple of Turnigy 2s 30c batts that I'll sloppily solder deans female's to

A couple of accucell-6's with deans connectors

Thats all the crap I'm buying. Never built a car before so should be interesting...
Old 02-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default servo volts

the volt ratings listed mean that is how the servo will preform at that voltage. for example, my jr servo at 6v will have 403oz/in of torque at .15 sec. at 4.8v it will only have 347oz/in at .19 sec.

dont worry bout that though especially since ur only bashing. ur servos get there juice from the battery plugged into the esc and then into the receiver so the only way they wont preform as well is if ur batteries are low.

and i have a losi 8ight truggy and id have to say that truggies are by far stronger than revos. my personal opinion is stay a way from traxxas. ive had many and they are easy to break and take some money to get em where they wont. they've became a money pit for me.

***this is my experience, others may have other view***

also if u ever thought of racing come out to joliet and give it a try. heres a link to the track i go to.

http://www.leisurehoursraceway.com/
Old 02-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Initiate

how the hell do I wire the ESC for dual batteries?

I see this weird thing where this a 10g wire connecting the negative to the positive deans leads which attach to the batteries. Is this what I need to do?
Old 02-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yep. r u using deans?
Old 02-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah, this was just an example.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maximo
FYI a truggy will go over rougher ground at higher speeds then a Revo will.... it will also jump better, corner better, brake better etc. etc....Also the Truggy will be quite a bit more durable...... And yes I have experience with a E-Revo, and its not competition in any way shape or form to a truggy....Just trying to make the E-Revo keep up to the Nitro Truggies was enough to break it every single day we ran it.maybe a brushed version but running a ERBE with the truggies the ERBE should be putting laps on the truggies, I know I've done it. If you cant keep from breaking just trying to keep up with what you should be lapping then someone needs more track time with a ERBE to work on there driveing....its a neat truck, but nowhere near as capable or durable as a Truggy....
Where do you think the whole truggy thing spawned from?
Haveing national titles to it's name doesnt mean anything?

Why all the hate and no love for Traxxas? They keep this hobby alive by bringing in more newbies than any other company out there.
Without new people being introduced and brought into this hobby everyday it would die.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by transambill
Why all the hate and no love for Traxxas? They keep this hobby alive by bringing in more newbies than any other company out there.
Without new people being introduced and brought into this hobby everyday it would die.
I am sorry, but what your saying isn't accurate at all.... On a track a E-Revo stands absolutely no chance against the Truggies... I mean seriously if you beleive a E-Revo will put laps on the Truggies it just shows me you have no experience on a track or with Truggies....The E-Revo gets around a track decently for a MT, but its way over matched against the Truggies..... If you did happen to put laps on some Truggies its only because the drivers of the Truggies were horrible drivers...equal driver vs equal driver the Truggy will put a major hurt on the Revo.....The more you try to say a Revo will beat a Truggy on a track the more credibility your story loses

I don't hate Traxass, however in this day and age the revo is old news.....

national title you say ? against who ? HPI Savage ? have you ever watched the national races ? its pretty much 99.9% Revo's on the track..... its easy for the Revo to win the titles when they are the only machine competing....pretty hollow victories if you ask me, since Traxxas is the only company making anything close to a race MT....sure sounds good to say they won a bunch of national titles, but the fact is they are the only race MT on the market......

I have owned several T-Maxx and several Revo's in my day, and honestly they were horribly unreliable and I spent more time wrenching then I did running.... Once i got into truggies it became very apparent how inadequate the build and quality of the Traxxas products really were....Drive a good truggy one day and you will never look at the Revo the same way again....
Old 02-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

From your post it sounds like your grouping REVOS,Truggies,and E-REVO's all together when there totally different rigs. I agree a REVO will not run with a truggie but the ERBE is another story. The ERBE and nitro REVO are two totally different trucks with the only thing in common is the name.

Around here the truggie drivers complain about running with the ERBE. There tired of being out run on the track. I guess your rite tho, all the truggie drivers at my track cant drive and only us couple guys with ERBE's can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.