Ultimate LST2

Old 01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Ultimate LST2

I want to put as much power in my LST2 as it will handle. I don't want to get smoked by the Savage XLs and MGT .50s when I'm out bashing. What are some of the bigger drop in motors that some of you have used and mods you made to handle them?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

sirio .30 axial .32 lrp.30 all WEXELENT engines and the lst2 can handle it with the all metal tranny and hardend diff's 17 mm tires and rims help alot too the stock ones are just way to big the wing kit will also give you rear downforce for better handleing just ask if you have any more Questions
Old 01-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default Gears

I assume these gears are aftermarket? I havn't had to tear mine down yet so I don't know what the gearboxes look like inside. Will the 2-speed with reverse handle the extra power?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

get the losi hd diff cases. The gears hold up fine.
If you can do without reverse, get the foward only conversion. This will cut the weight and make for less moving parts in the tranny. There is also a way to swap two of the gears around to get more top end speed.
As far as motors, the lrp 30 is a good choice. Nova 528 is an absolute beast.
Wing kit is good for stopping wheelies. Does not do much for down force.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

know the gears are stock i have taken and rebuilt the whole tranny six times becasue my reverse got fucked up so yes a forward only is a great chioce and yes the novarossie 528 is an absolute beat also but the lrp and axial hold up much longer
Old 01-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yep, with forward only and HD diff cases, I dont think a motor made that will overpower the drive tran of an LST2.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default Cases

My truck is actually the stock LST but I have the LST2 conversion. It comes with the aluminum diff cases. The LRP is one I've been looking at. Is it a noticeable improvement over my stock Dyanamite engine? I wonder how the HPI 5.9 and the LRP compare?

Last edited by BrettL; 01-29-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you may want to up grade to the losi HD diff cups or to the nova aluminum diff cups, along with the aluminum diff case, also make sure to shim the diffs. might want to put 10,000 wt diff fluid or thicker for bashing around
Old 01-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All the engines you mention here can't came close to a Picco .28
For $200.00, a Picco 28 will turn arround an LRP 30 or Axial 32.

And if you make it mod by Clockwork Racing, AB Mods or Extrem RC Mods, you'll have a reliable, long lasting mental powerhouse at a realy good price.
I have a stock Mach 427 for now in my LST2, and i'am to buy a Moded Picco 28 for when the Mach will died.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrettL
My truck is actually the stock LST but I have the LST2 conversion. It comes with the aluminum diff cases. The LRP is one I've been looking at. Is it a noticeable improvement over my stock Dyanamite engine? I wonder how the HPI 5.9 and the LRP compare?
I race Savage XL, ran with the 5.9 for a while but now have an LPR .28 in it. The LRP would smoke the 5.9 and it's a .28. the 5.9 is a thirsty beast as well where as we have just started running Massive Mods A main Blue dot fuel with 30% nitro and the LRP at a recent race meeting got 14 minutes run time out of a stock Savage tank and makes heaps of grunt.
Haven't owned an LRP .30 but if the .28 is anything to go by it should be a weapon.
The 5.9's didn't have that longer life span either but we are racing every fortnight.
Never seen Picco go yet so can't give an opinion but I'm more than happy with the LRP.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

brett trust me on this...buy the new xxl transmission gears and losi's 19/26(+1) clutch bell...or search on line and see if you could find +2 clutch bell google search it, i know a company used to make them

losi's new big red .28 is a pure beast and they are cheap, you do this i garentee you will be fast...hell get the big red and have it modded!

with all that power you may want to buy the xxl chasis

TAKE THE REVERSE OUT...ITS WEIGHT AND DRAG, YOU JUST DONT NEED...if you take it out you will also notice your truck seem faster
Old 02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok personal experience with this truck I have to post about it.
I have a 427 ported and polished engine in my truck and it rips pretty good.
My buddy has the Mach 28 with no reverse and things are lightened up a bit also.
With the exception of the engine and a Carbon Mugen clutch my truck is all STOCK.
They both run the same in a straight up drag race
the one without reverse does feel lighter under the trigger finger but they are the same on the top end.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monsterbrad
ok personal experience with this truck I have to post about it.
I have a 427 ported and polished engine in my truck and it rips pretty good.
My buddy has the Mach 28 with no reverse and things are lightened up a bit also.
With the exception of the engine and a Carbon Mugen clutch my truck is all STOCK.
They both run the same in a straight up drag race
the one without reverse does feel lighter under the trigger finger but they are the same on the top end.
i didnt say it WOULD be faster, i said it would seem like it...which is what you want if your trying to get more speed out of it, plus adding what i mentioned before.

AND, what mach 28? because the old blue head one is nothing compaired to the new big red, the mach 427(.26) would have no problem beating a mach.28, and your 427 is modded ! if you took the reverse out i bet you would see your truck being faster than your buddies....trust me, ive had the truck for 5years ive done everything possible