Wiki Posts
Search

What's the best basher?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default What's the best basher?

sold My LST and now i kinda miss bashing since i can only race once a month.
what is your guys opinon for the best basher?
I found a MGT 4.6 i can get for cheap but havent ever driven one or seen an mgt. I have owned a revo t maxx and LSt so i don't want any of them.

was pretty much between the MGT or Savage. or ????
Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

they both have there issues but I would say the MGT but it will need some things to be bullet proof
the savage is a great truck had 2 of them and the LST was the truck that is still in my fleet and as a matter of fact my only nitro left the rest are older or brushless.
I would say do some reading and you will get more confused but comparing those 2 they are both a pain to work on but the Savage will take a heck of a beating but then again I put my Mach 26 powered MGT through hell and it took every bit of it
Old 01-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Preston777
sold My LST and now i kinda miss bashing since i can only race once a month.
what is your guys opinon for the best basher?
I found a MGT 4.6 i can get for cheap but havent ever driven one or seen an mgt. I have owned a revo t maxx and LSt so i don't want any of them.

was pretty much between the MGT or Savage. or ????
The mgt and t-maxx are very similar. They share lots of parts aswell. Get a savage. IT is a great basher that is very solid.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Im a huge associated fan, but have never been impresses with the MGT, for some reason.

Seeing that you already know you dont want traxxas, I would say savage. If it were me, I would go Flux over nitro, but thats your call
Old 01-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

The Tower Hobbies Tower Terror is sick!

Just kidding, I'd get a Savage
Old 01-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
The Tower Hobbies Tower Terror is sick!

Just kidding, I'd get a Savage
Isnt there a red cat something or other
Old 01-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

If u pick up asavage , make sure you pick up some extra diffs , I heard they aren't that strong
Old 01-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i might just wait til summer to get a new basher. I don't think im going to have the time to put into one at the moment. I might just get another LST then. that truck was great when i had it
Old 01-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had the MGT, never got another one (worst Monster truck i ever own).
I had a Savage, good truck, but diffs suck (yes, it was an XSS, with realy well shim diffs, and i've exploded two diffs in 3 gallons), you had to upgrade it with CEN Genesis diffs, and the savage is realy not funy to work on.
I had two revo, and realy like this truck, but like the savage, it was a pain to work on.

I've never been a fan of Losi, but finaly buy an LST2, and i can tell you that i'am very impress of this truck. realy well build, the design is top notch, it's the easiest truck to work on (30 second and yo have the diff in your hand), and it's a tank, reliable and a very good stock engine.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Mathiew
I had the MGT, never got another one (worst Monster truck i ever own).
I had a Savage, good truck, but diffs suck (yes, it was an XSS, with realy well shim diffs, and i've exploded two diffs in 3 gallons), you had to upgrade it with CEN Genesis diffs, and the savage is realy not funy to work on.
I had two revo, and realy like this truck, but like the savage, it was a pain to work on.

I've never been a fan of Losi, but finaly buy an LST2, and i can tell you that i'am very impress of this truck. realy well build, the design is top notch, it's the easiest truck to work on (30 second and yo have the diff in your hand), and it's a tank, reliable and a very good stock engine.
I'm a big fan of HPI in general, but the LST2 is amazing. If you don't like the Savage's layout, then go LST2 hands down.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

i would go with the savage flux it is a solid kit
Old 01-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you might wan't to rethink ...you have had some fine trucks .....top of the line..pick the one you most liked.....and open that cow hide and spend some frog hides.....!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

like I stated before I had them all but the one that stayed was the LST
it is durable and fast out of the box and easy to work on for the most part
i like the savage and own the FLUX but they are a pain to work on especially the Nitro version
Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I do agree the nitro savage realy sucks to work on.....A friend has one and was very timmid running it because he hated having to disasemble it....me on the other hand am not not afraid to hammer but not abuse my T max...it's very easy to repair and parts are too plentiful....and dirt cheap....another friend has an MGT 3.0 it runs strong but always seems to have drivetrain trouble.....IMO the TMax......I know you said something differn't....
Old 01-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

[QUOTE=streetfreek;6858236]I do agree the nitro savage realy sucks to work on.....A friend has one and was very timmid running it because he hated having to disasemble it....me on the other hand am not not afraid to hammer but not abuse my T max...it's very easy to repair and parts are too plentiful....and dirt cheap....another friend has an MGT 3.0 it runs strong but always seems to have drivetrain trouble.....IMO the TMax......I know you said something differn't....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.