R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NE florida
Posts: 213
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default What's the best basher?

sold My LST and now i kinda miss bashing since i can only race once a month.
what is your guys opinon for the best basher?
I found a MGT 4.6 i can get for cheap but havent ever driven one or seen an mgt. I have owned a revo t maxx and LSt so i don't want any of them.

was pretty much between the MGT or Savage. or ????
__________________
www.rc-international-speedways.com

Associated B4 with novak GTB and Velociti 7.5
Corally RDX with tekin r1 and redline 13.5
Preston777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
monsterbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Erie
Posts: 375
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

they both have there issues but I would say the MGT but it will need some things to be bullet proof
the savage is a great truck had 2 of them and the LST was the truck that is still in my fleet and as a matter of fact my only nitro left the rest are older or brushless.
I would say do some reading and you will get more confused but comparing those 2 they are both a pain to work on but the Savage will take a heck of a beating but then again I put my Mach 26 powered MGT through hell and it took every bit of it
monsterbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
snowboard094's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sac Town CA
Posts: 1,974
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston777 View Post
sold My LST and now i kinda miss bashing since i can only race once a month.
what is your guys opinon for the best basher?
I found a MGT 4.6 i can get for cheap but havent ever driven one or seen an mgt. I have owned a revo t maxx and LSt so i don't want any of them.

was pretty much between the MGT or Savage. or ????
The mgt and t-maxx are very similar. They share lots of parts aswell. Get a savage. IT is a great basher that is very solid.
__________________
-Electrical wiz-Let me check your shorts.....that came out wrong
"Team Terrible"
Ofna Hyper 10sc
T-maxx O.S .18tm
snowboard094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
OG RC 10T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,657
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Im a huge associated fan, but have never been impresses with the MGT, for some reason.

Seeing that you already know you dont want traxxas, I would say savage. If it were me, I would go Flux over nitro, but thats your call
__________________
Original RC 10T, T4, RC8Te, Tekin RX8. Losi Ten SCTE, Slash 4x4.
OG RC 10T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
boomgagem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, GA
Posts: 1,577
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to boomgagem
Default

The Tower Hobbies Tower Terror is sick!



Just kidding, I'd get a Savage
boomgagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
OG RC 10T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,657
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomgagem View Post
The Tower Hobbies Tower Terror is sick!



Just kidding, I'd get a Savage
Isnt there a red cat something or other
__________________
Original RC 10T, T4, RC8Te, Tekin RX8. Losi Ten SCTE, Slash 4x4.
OG RC 10T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
Tech Regular
 
DragsterDragons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

If u pick up asavage , make sure you pick up some extra diffs , I heard they aren't that strong
__________________
Video's at http://www.youtube.com/user/DragstersDragons
DragsterDragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #8
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NE florida
Posts: 213
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

i might just wait til summer to get a new basher. I don't think im going to have the time to put into one at the moment. I might just get another LST then. that truck was great when i had it
__________________
www.rc-international-speedways.com

Associated B4 with novak GTB and Velociti 7.5
Corally RDX with tekin r1 and redline 13.5
Preston777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #9
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 124
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I had the MGT, never got another one (worst Monster truck i ever own).
I had a Savage, good truck, but diffs suck (yes, it was an XSS, with realy well shim diffs, and i've exploded two diffs in 3 gallons), you had to upgrade it with CEN Genesis diffs, and the savage is realy not funy to work on.
I had two revo, and realy like this truck, but like the savage, it was a pain to work on.

I've never been a fan of Losi, but finaly buy an LST2, and i can tell you that i'am very impress of this truck. realy well build, the design is top notch, it's the easiest truck to work on (30 second and yo have the diff in your hand), and it's a tank, reliable and a very good stock engine.
Mathiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minot ND
Posts: 1,890
Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathiew View Post
I had the MGT, never got another one (worst Monster truck i ever own).
I had a Savage, good truck, but diffs suck (yes, it was an XSS, with realy well shim diffs, and i've exploded two diffs in 3 gallons), you had to upgrade it with CEN Genesis diffs, and the savage is realy not funy to work on.
I had two revo, and realy like this truck, but like the savage, it was a pain to work on.

I've never been a fan of Losi, but finaly buy an LST2, and i can tell you that i'am very impress of this truck. realy well build, the design is top notch, it's the easiest truck to work on (30 second and yo have the diff in your hand), and it's a tank, reliable and a very good stock engine.
I'm a big fan of HPI in general, but the LST2 is amazing. If you don't like the Savage's layout, then go LST2 hands down.
CaseyDDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
sLaSh It UPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,873
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i would go with the savage flux it is a solid kit
__________________
MiNi-Tx2// MiNi-LsTx2//sLaSh//RuStY vXl//E-rEvO//MiNi E rEvO//CaStLe CrEaTiOnS//TrAxXaS//MaX AmPss
sLaSh It UPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #12
Tech Regular
 
streetfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NORCAL
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

you might wan't to rethink ...you have had some fine trucks .....top of the line..pick the one you most liked.....and open that cow hide and spend some frog hides.....!!!!!!
streetfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:58 AM   #13
Tech Regular
 
monsterbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Erie
Posts: 375
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

like I stated before I had them all but the one that stayed was the LST
it is durable and fast out of the box and easy to work on for the most part
i like the savage and own the FLUX but they are a pain to work on especially the Nitro version
monsterbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #14
Tech Regular
 
streetfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NORCAL
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I do agree the nitro savage realy sucks to work on.....A friend has one and was very timmid running it because he hated having to disasemble it....me on the other hand am not not afraid to hammer but not abuse my T max...it's very easy to repair and parts are too plentiful....and dirt cheap....another friend has an MGT 3.0 it runs strong but always seems to have drivetrain trouble.....IMO the TMax......I know you said something differn't....<<< kinda spell like I talk..but untill something new comes out I will always run a TMax...
streetfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
Tech Elite
 
T-BirdJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Norwood, OH...and CCRCR and The OhioRCFactory
Posts: 2,973
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T-BirdJunkie Send a message via MSN to T-BirdJunkie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfreek View Post
I do agree the nitro savage realy sucks to work on.....A friend has one and was very timmid running it because he hated having to disasemble it....me on the other hand am not not afraid to hammer but not abuse my T max...it's very easy to repair and parts are too plentiful....and dirt cheap....another friend has an MGT 3.0 it runs strong but always seems to have drivetrain trouble.....IMO the TMax......I know you said something differn't....<<< kinda spell like I talk..but untill something new comes out I will always run a TMax...
The original Savage was a PITA...the X generation of Savages are a breeze.

Anyway, to answer the "best basher" question...
1/8 buggy. 'nuff said.
T-BirdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's The Best Short-Course Truck!!!! 1NitroDude Electric Off-Road 49 11-16-2013 09:10 AM
So , what is the best selling r/c car of all time? AMZ Electric Off-Road 36 08-02-2012 12:27 PM
What is the best truggy motor out there scott74dog Nitro Off-Road 31 06-16-2009 05:15 AM
What's the ticket to big air? brmccall Monster Trucks 17 09-05-2005 05:30 AM


All times are GMT -8. It is currently 01:36 PM.



SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0