Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
E-maxx or E- revo >

E-maxx or E- revo

E-maxx or E- revo

Old 12-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default E-maxx or E- revo

which is better for just backyard bashing and jumps ?
Old 12-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by salabarria
the emaxx is the true montster truck out of the two
Old 12-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Arrow A GOOD READ.

Originally Posted by salabarria
This link starting on post #232 should help a lot.-
http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...thread-16.html

Good luck to you.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

i've had both, and it really depends what you expect out of the truck. I didn't like my revo for one big reason...the battery bays were on the small side and it made shopping for lipos difficult. virtually every 3S lipo will fit in a brushless e-maxx.

that being said, the revo was alot more durable. With my e-maxx, i broke 2 chassis, 2 sets of shock towers, a set of bulkheads and a skidplate all in the first week. i knew i was gonna upgrade my e-maxx, so i ended up selling the revo to fund my GorillaMaxx G-4 build:

imo, the GorillaMaxx is the ultimate monster truck build. it's 100% aluminum, and handles like a truggy.

Good Luck
Old 12-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

That gorilla is very cool, but so modded its hardly an emaxx more

Though I have never owned a emaxx, I have owned a 3.3 revo and currently a new bl eRevo. I have never had any issues goofing around, bashing or putting either revo on the track.

This past weekend I went bashing with a couple of guys that had two tmaxxs, one rustler and two MGTs. I drove both tmaxxes and IMO I liked my revo better only because it was more stable on speed, when turning, and over the rough terrain, again at speed.

The emaxx will have more ground clearance, but the erevo with the long travel suspension will be nearly equal, and with the standard suspention, set in the tall position, it didnt get hung up on anything.

They are both good trucks and durability is about equal, as they are both made by the same company for similar uses.

Again the only major difference that I noticed was the eRevo was more stable.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8IGHTROCKETX3
i've had both, and it really depends what you expect out of the truck. I didn't like my revo for one big reason...the battery bays were on the small side and it made shopping for lipos difficult. virtually every 3S lipo will fit in a brushless e-maxx.

that being said, the revo was alot more durable. With my e-maxx, i broke 2 chassis, 2 sets of shock towers, a set of bulkheads and a skidplate all in the first week. i knew i was gonna upgrade my e-maxx, so i ended up selling the revo to fund my GorillaMaxx G-4 build:

imo, the GorillaMaxx is the ultimate monster truck build. it's 100% aluminum, and handles like a truggy.

Good Luck
very nice truck
Old 12-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

IMO both of the trucks are solid the emaxx is more of a basher and they e revo is more of a racer but the e revo can bash also i bash with my e revo and it takes jumps fine i would recommend the emaxx if you were to get an emaxx would you get the brushless edition?
Old 12-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Personally I absolutely hate the Revo, it's such a downgrade from the Emaxx in quality.

Go with the E-Maxx, you'll be very happy with it. It's a much better backyard vehicle.

I've owned probably 5-6 Emaxx's in my time, and will probably own another eventually. I've owned 1 Revo, and will NEVER even CONSIDER getting another.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 8IGHTROCKETX3

(TOOK IMAGE OUT)

Good Luck
Thats very nice and i bet it cost an arm and a leg. So why not just get a truggy in the first place?
Old 12-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (95%+)

Wow very nice job on the G-Maxx !
Too bad you couldnt race it, so much aluminum, Id be surprised if it woul make it over one jump
But thats badass looking!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MTclassPro
Wow very nice job on the G-Maxx !
Too bad you couldnt race it, so much aluminum, Id be surprised if it woul make it over one jump
But thats badass looking!
You should look up what Gmax's are capable of before bashing them. No mT wil stand a chance vs a Gmaxx
Old 12-25-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Personally I absolutely hate the Revo, it's such a downgrade from the Emaxx in quality.

Go with the E-Maxx, you'll be very happy with it. It's a much better backyard vehicle.

I've owned probably 5-6 Emaxx's in my time, and will probably own another eventually. I've owned 1 Revo, and will NEVER even CONSIDER getting another.

You may have had a bad one, and honestly you may hate it, but there is no way possible that it is a down grade from the emaxx in quality.

They are made from the same identical materials. Traxxas does not have a secret plastic formula that is only used on the maxx series and a sub standard plastic recipie for the revo.

Its the same materials, different design of a truck. The true difference is truggy versus monster truck.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T
You may have had a bad one, and honestly you may hate it, but there is no way possible that it is a down grade from the emaxx in quality.

They are made from the same identical materials. Traxxas does not have a secret plastic formula that is only used on the maxx series and a sub standard plastic recipie for the revo.

Its the same materials, different design of a truck. The true difference is truggy versus monster truck.
The downgrade is the design, not the materials. Calling the Revo a Truggy or MT is a disgrace to all the true vehicles that fit in their respective category. The Revo is just an abomination, a giant turd.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T

+1 how could he have said that my revo hasn't broken once while my friends emaxx is a wreck
Old 12-25-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
The downgrade is the design, not the materials. Calling the Revo a Truggy or MT is a disgrace to all the true vehicles that fit in their respective category. The Revo is just an abomination, a giant turd.
have you ever driven one? drive one then come and talk to me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.