Community
Wiki Posts
Search

revo rebuild .....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? revo rebuild .....

I bought a revo with a blown engine looks like it got hot seized the piston in the sleve and split the conn rod and shoved it through the stuck piston ....

so where is the best place to buy a piston/sleeve. and conn rod ? this would be my first tiem in one of these engines any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Instead of buying a new piston sleeve and conrad I would just use traxxas engine repalcement program, that why you'll get a complete new engine and not have to worry about the other one.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

2.5 or 3.3? Regardless, a 3.3 p/s alone is $68 on Tower and they don't show the rod at all, so it would be even more. You can just do TRX's engine replacement plan and get a complete engine (and upgrade to a 3.3 if its a 2.5) for $110 ($85 to stay with a 2.5).

With poss that debris from the piston got into the rest of the engine and brgs which will at least need to be cleaned maybe even replaced, new engine solves all those concerns and doesn't appear to cost that much more anyway.

http://www.traxxas.com/v2/powerup/
Old 12-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Rookie

yeah didn't think of that debris down in the crank case .... it would be better to just repower this thing the right way and have a more reliable engine for the same cost as replacement parts.
Thanks I didn't knwo about the repower program .... i can work with a 110 for a new one.