Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The revo race bet.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Maximo
I think a properly setup and driven Savage can beat the Revo's...... I have seen it done several times already ...Providing the track is open and not overly technical the Savage can do quite well... On a tight technical track then the Revo might have more advantages.... I have attended several big races where there were a huge number of MT's, and what seems to be the most important aspect is keeping the vehicle together moreso then actual track performance...... At the 2009 Canadian Winter Nationals there were 16 MT's that started the A-Main, but by the end of the race only 6 trucks were running and only 4 of those had stayed on the track the entire race, 2 had to pull off for repairs and were not in contention when they came back on the track... Tracks are hell on MT's and as a result the chances of a DNF are very high, much higher then the other classes...so to me most of the battle is just going to be keeping the truck from breaking.. even if the competition is slightly faster, their chances of breaking are very high, so driving clean and not crashing are far more important then any other factor.... Yes a Savage can compete, it may not be the sharpest best handling machine on the track, but as long as it doesn't break the chances of winning can be quite good......
are you saying the revo would be less likley to brake than a savage? LMAO.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

nice job on the Savage NJ i like the blue flake paint you used as well good job!
I eat Revos with my savage. actually had acouple buddies sell their Revos for Savys after they seen what i could do with them
Old 11-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You need to ditch the 3 speed tranny and stick with the 2 speed. I think a savage has potential be a good racer with a lot of money and upgrades...I say go for and the best of luck to you on your race..I hope you win...I use to race a LST2 and won aagainst revos all the time..Since then I moved out of the mt calss an into truggy and buggy....Sometimes I think about racing it again just to spoil the revo racers win streak
Old 11-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITROMITE
nice job on the Savage NJ i like the blue flake paint you used as well good job!
I eat Revos with my savage. actually had acouple buddies sell their Revos for Savys after they seen what i could do with them
Bring it to the Alabama MANF then. Entry fee is on the loser.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITROMITE
are you saying the revo would be less likley to brake than a savage? LMAO.
that is not what I am saying at all LMAO LOL ...both trucks will fly apart quicker then you could imagine if you start crashing and being aggressive ...tracks kill MT's.....Whichever driver stays clean and avoids crashes is the one thats going to win...MT racing is as much about keeping the machine together as it is about going fast....

Last edited by Maximo; 11-28-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Okay just a update. I got everything together. Just in the process of breaking in the new motor. As far as the trans goes this is the plan. I am going to make a two speed flux trans for it as it has to be a two speed and this motor will blow the nitro trans to peices. I am also custom making it so that it will have a center diff in the bottom to make it a lot more forgiving on the track and bashing but still will keep the two speed requirement for the MT class.

Here are some pics.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Would you post about how you like your badland tires. I have been debating buying a set but dont want to be out $60 or so, if their just OK.

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Bring it to the Alabama MANF then. Entry fee is on the loser.
That race will have some fast revo's. I know a few of the guys running....they are previous winners of some big races. All of them run Revo's and E-revo's. I see one Savage signed up and 2 Losi's.....the rest are Revo's. Best time to race to make a point about how fast "X" truck is against a Revo.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

how many mt's so far are signed up?

if i could go i would def make it 1 more lst in the line up
Old 12-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

14 so far I believe. The race insn't till June....lol
Old 12-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

As of right now I plan on being there. I will be up in NC the weekend before for the NLRC MT World Finals as well.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Yeah, I'm trying to get Slayden to come as well.

I haven't signed up for the MT class yet, I'm signed up for buggy though. Just waiting to see what interest will be
Old 12-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T
Would you post about how you like your badland tires. I have been debating buying a set but dont want to be out $60 or so, if their just OK.

Thanks.
I am loving them so far. Best bashing tire out there imo.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You shoulda put the conversion on the Savy to run LST2 shocks. much better dampening!

Or just bought my Muggified LST2 ! It luvs to wail on Revo's. Got a RB728 in it and it lifts the front end halfway down the straight, fun to watch...
Old 12-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Yeah, I'm trying to get Slayden to come as well.

I haven't signed up for the MT class yet, I'm signed up for buggy though. Just waiting to see what interest will be
Would be fun to see Slayden or Tim Roberts run. Better sign up though cause they are limiting the sign up's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.