Wiki Posts
Search

Dynamite Big Red .28

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Dynamite Big Red .28

I'm looking to get this motor for a savage, and was wondering if anybody knows anything about it, and possible pipe combo's for it

the lug
Old 10-17-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

It's a great engine for the price except for the one-way. If you flood the engine by chance do not try to turn the engine over for the one-way bearing will break. Other then that it is a great inexpensive powerful engine that will hold a consistant tune. I would recommend a dynamite 086 pipe to go with it.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron joy
It's a great engine for the price except for the one-way. If you flood the engine by chance do not try to turn the engine over for the one-way bearing will break. Other then that it is a great inexpensive powerful engine that will hold a consistant tune. I would recommend a dynamite 086 pipe to go with it.
AGREED!...
Old 10-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

cool beans, thanks for the replies

the lug
Old 10-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Are you set on that motor, or are you open to suggestion ?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Madbrad
Are you set on that motor, or are you open to suggestion ?
fairly set, i know the lrp .28 is a great mill as is the .30, i don't want a picco .28 i don't need the power, and i've heard they can be work, the 427 is a good mill tho its hard to find the teal head which is more powerful/better than the orange, don't even try to get me sold on an axail, they have the same carbs as my k4.6 and thats why i'm in the market,

long of the short, yes i'm open

the lug
Old 11-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thats what I shudda got...
Old 11-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default Any more info on this engine

I am thinking about getting the Mach 2 .28 or .26. Do anybody have any info on these 2 engines. I have a xxl with the orange head mach 26 thats runs good but looking for a second one. The guy at my track run the .28 and he got 15 mins run time. Its look like a good mill.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rclugnut
fairly set, i know the lrp .28 is a great mill as is the .30, i don't want a picco .28 i don't need the power, and i've heard they can be work, the 427 is a good mill tho its hard to find the teal head which is more powerful/better than the orange, don't even try to get me sold on an axail, they have the same carbs as my k4.6 and thats why i'm in the market,

long of the short, yes i'm open

the lug
Whats wrong with the axial? i have a .28rr and its been trouble free and easy to tune.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Problems so far:

I am having a real hard time tuning this motor. It is super soft on bottom. My top end is good, cleans out good and real fast. I go to lean the bottom just a tiny bit at a time, I get one or two hours in and start running into problems. I will do a high speed pass and then let off the throttle. It winds down and then does a lean rev for like three seconds and then settle back to idle. It pulls around pretty good with this lean rev. I richen back up an hour and it goes away but I am back to having a stupid soft bottom end. It's unacceptably soft for my XXL.

I ran some tanks through this motor yesterday. I did some high speed passes and some screwing around. It was on a soccer field as I am still trying to get this thing to act correctly. I ran two tanks and then my motor stalled. I went to my truck to get the piston to BDC while I secured my starting gear. I noticed the piston stroke was really rough. It was like I was fighting the one way bearing or something, like there was something scoring the wall. I thought maybe my glow plug filament fell into the cylinder. I pulled the head and it's all clear. What do you think is causing this horrendous feeling? It has done this before, I got the motor started and it felt fine. All this is really scaring me as far as reliability is concerned. Anyone else chasing the tune or having bearing issues with this motor?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheFcuddy
Problems so far:

I am having a real hard time tuning this motor. It is super soft on bottom. My top end is good, cleans out good and real fast. I go to lean the bottom just a tiny bit at a time, I get one or two hours in and start running into problems. I will do a high speed pass and then let off the throttle. It winds down and then does a lean rev for like three seconds and then settle back to idle. It pulls around pretty good with this lean rev. I richen back up an hour and it goes away but I am back to having a stupid soft bottom end. It's unacceptably soft for my XXL.
IMO it sounds like your rich on the bottom and a little lean on the high speed.
When you do a WOT pass and it idles up after you let off, try to richen the high speed and hour or two.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheFcuddy
Problems so far:

I ran some tanks through this motor yesterday. I did some high speed passes and some screwing around. It was on a soccer field as I am still trying to get this thing to act correctly. I ran two tanks and then my motor stalled. I went to my truck to get the piston to BDC while I secured my starting gear. I noticed the piston stroke was really rough. It was like I was fighting the one way bearing or something, like there was something scoring the wall. I thought maybe my glow plug filament fell into the cylinder. I pulled the head and it's all clear. What do you think is causing this horrendous feeling? It has done this before, I got the motor started and it felt fine. All this is really scaring me as far as reliability is concerned. Anyone else chasing the tune or having bearing issues with this motor?

I am pretty sure your experiencing the carb overheating..I don't think these engines have a insulated carb. so once you run them for a it they tend to start overheating the fuel as it enters the carb, which in turn creates a temoporary lean condition like your describing.... The only way to keep the lean low end in check is to run the LSN pig rich...which results in poor bottom end performance......... I have experienced this exact same thing on several Losi 454's and a LRP 30....all made the same way, using the same type of carbs.......... This is why I do not like these engines overly much..
Old 08-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default big red

I cannot get this big red dyno will not fit a savage!!! Does anybody know how to make it work.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by shawnt
I cannot get this big red dyno will not fit a savage!!! Does anybody know how to make it work.
most likely need to stretch the chassis? i know i had to stretch my tmaxx pro .15... and i just bought a tmaxx 2.5 with streteched aftermarket chassis
Old 08-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

cant go wrong with the big red. this thing has plenty of power and you will need learn to tamed your savage on the trigger. and as far as not fitting it should be a direct replacement if am not mistaking. i know the pullstart is a little bulky but it should fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.