Wiki Posts
Search

SIRIO Motors for 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default SIRIO Motors for 2.5

got a question for you guys. I heard that the carb on these sirio motors are a pain in the butt to get calibrated properly. Its either too lean or too rich. My settings are 3 up on top, 2.5 on the bottom. What have you guys experienced with these motors other than they are hella fast. Thx guys.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I raced the complete race season last year at two tracks. They are not the easiest, or the most forgiving to tune, but it can be done. They are not a basher motor though and more of a race engine. Best thing I did to mine was to put one of the Trnity Monster heads on it with extra plates to cool it down more, (of which I am taking off, as I am not going to be running that engine this year and will make a good deal on the head and extra fins if someone is looking for them) But tune it so it is a bit rich with a full tank, and don't sit around with it or it will load up, but as the tank runs towards the end it will have to be rich to stay cool and still run, otherwise it will lean out as it gets towards the bottom of the tank. At the end of races I was usually running between 250-270 and motor ran great. Don't worry about what others have theirs set at, do what works for you and make sure you have the carb, and back plate sealed good so they can't get air leaks. That should help it to run better all the way around.