Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redcat RC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Dont know about their vehicles but I just bought a tool kit from them.
Let you know how it goes in a week.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Got my Redcat RC Tool kit today!! Looks very nice and comes with a nice case to hold them all. I wont be using the case though I just store them in my own tool holder to make things easier.
3.0-1.5 Hex Drivers
Two sizes of Phillips
One flathead
Piston Locking tools
Reamer
Flywheel Pullers
Plyers
Spring Puller
Flywheel/WHeel Hex Tool
Glo Ignitor
4.0, 5.5, 7.0, 8.0 nut drivers

Old 09-24-2009, 10:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Wow!! that looks nice
Damn..........
Old 09-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supralative
Got my Redcat RC Tool kit today!! Looks very nice and comes with a nice case to hold them all. I wont be using the case though I just store them in my own tool holder to make things easier.
3.0-1.5 Hex Drivers
Two sizes of Phillips
One flathead
Piston Locking tools
Reamer
Flywheel Pullers
Plyers
Spring Puller
Flywheel/WHeel Hex Tool
Glo Ignitor
4.0, 5.5, 7.0, 8.0 nut drivers

Did you buy that from their website? How much? If I was into nitro I would consider picking one up as well.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeztur2003
check out my site i have reviews on a few of the vehicles working on more the aftershock 8e is an awesome 1/8 scale electric buggy very durable.

www.redcatracingproducts.com

I also carry the toolkits pictured above and yes they are very nice. The one pictured above is a 21 piece set.
If that is in fact your website and you have done reviews on many Redcat vehicles you should at least know that the Aftershock 8-E is the short course truck, not the buggy.

I am a dealer for Redcat and every other brand of R/C so you should probably know what you are pushing before coming onto a forum that has a pretty strict policy against free advertising.

Nice spam.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeztur2003
Geeze man take it easy it was just a mistype I meant the backdraft not the aftershock but don't worry i will not post any advertising anymore I didn't realize that you couldn't I have a real job so I don't have time to read 50,000 forum rules. Ass
You have already B.S'd your way out of this one as I saw on another thread you doing the same $H!T.

I didn't read a single forum rule but I have common sense and don't walk onto a forum that gets a few hundred thousand hits every month and start spamming away thinking it's alright.

Selling R/Cs IS MY REAL JOB and I am willing to bet I make just as much $$ doing it as you do at your "real" job all while following simple rules set forth by the owner/founder of a pretty awesome forum.

Take some advice from a real R/C dealer:

People are more likely to come to you if you don't shove your products down their throat. Keep your little signature advertising and tactfully answer any questions people have about your products and feel free to chime in about any remarks made about Redcat but don't tell people to go visit your website at every mention of the brand.

By the way it is a pretty nice website. I read your reviews and looked at your pics. Pretty good job for having a "real" occupation.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Heck yes, Redcat's sikk!!! Thats what everyone's racing in the mod buggy class
Old 11-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jongrill
ANyone heard of these guys?

I was in a small hobby shop and Redcat is mostly what they stocked. I have never heard of them....which probably means something...ha!

Thanks!

Jon
Save your money
Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xBRxSAIGON
Heck yes, Redcat's sikk!!! Thats what everyone's racing in the mod buggy class

Have they heard of real company's?
Old 11-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Redcat

I have a Redcat Aftershock 8E. I have beat and bashed this truck to see how it would hold up and what abuse it would take!!! Its really fast out of the box. I was playing one day and my daughter said "wide open daddy". Well it broke traction, drifted sideways rolled, tumbled, end over end, you name it in a crash it was doing it for about 50' it straight into the curb. I broke the steering link my fault not Redcats or the truck. I beat the truck for about a month before this happened. Since then I have put all the hop up parts on the truck including the 1/8 Backdraft wheels, next will be the sway bars. Redcat keeps the parts in stock and ships very fast. On rc universe a couple of guys sell them at a really good price. I have 2 Slashes 1 stock and 1 mod. Its the same if you beat ,bash and play around with them as I do. With any of them if you play hard you will always be buying parts name brand or not. I have broke alot more stuff on the mod slash then I have on any of my other RCs. The last thing I broke on the Slash was the frame at the transmission, and 2 bent shocks from about 15' high back flip to landing on the wheels. The bulk head just the other day by hitting the curb. Just letting you know I play very hard with all my toys and the Redcat has held up just fine after numerous crashes (trees,curbs,bad landings,etc.)
Old 11-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I don't think it's an issue if it will hold up to a little backyard bashing.

My experience with them is.

A) Redcat changes part numbers and parts all the time. Like the issue with the OWB in the VX-18. Also a 2007 model, we couldn't find a replacement P/S for the engine.

B) They won't hold up under racing conditions.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Neu_Racer, those tools really look cool. are they made of chrome vanadium? i love tools too but i always check their metal content or what alloy are they made of.

my bashing buggy a redcat one is still ok. going 5 years coz i always oil the moving parts like the axels xcept for the brakes of coarse. i know it against r/c rules but it made my redcat live longer. if you want a good performance buggy set it up right. if you dont want it to sway in straight line put the right oil in the frt center and rear diffs. get a good tire, etc just a matter of set up.

when it comes to racing that's where highend kyosho xray mugen etc goes in, coz they use light weight materials such as 7075 t6 Al cnc parts which are light weights (but stronger), they uses light weight spurs etc that's why they are expensive. a bashing buggy and a racing buggy are really totally different classes. so i dont see anything wrong with the redcat it's a good practice bashing buggy. just the driver i guess well this is just my opinion cheers dont mean any harm
Old 02-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up RED CAT SEEMS OK TO ME

I just started the hobby and a friend of mine had a Red Cat tornado s30 brand new that I got from him. I would say that it's a good starter car. it does seem pretty "cheap" i suppose as it tends to boucec rad out of control over a lil bit of terrain : / On the street though the thing is fast and thats with the stock motor. My friends who are really into the hobbie have some traxxas revos and a jatto. My lil red cat holds it's own right with the Traxxas and an HPI Savage that i would say is right with the Traxxas cars. The Jatto rips everything if you can drive it. The lil redcat does tend to break some parts easily when you crash but all in all i would say if you just wanna see what the hobbie can be like i wasn't upset with this product ( the Red Cat Tornado S30 ) but will most likley move on to a HPI or Traxxas. The lil Tornado would scream with a small engine upgrade. Mine came with an HS 18 and i would think with the HS21 or HS28 it would be out of controll. TIRES ARE TO LIL AND BURN UP QUICK. THROW SOME OF THE TRUCK TIRES ON IT WITH AN ENGINE UPGRADE AND YOU WOULD BE OK.
Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
I'm a Traxxas dealer running an online "shop" but before I got my real wholesale accounts I was (and still am) a Redcat dealer. I have bought, sold, and driven almost every car they have created and I won't sit here and lie to you. Some of their 1/10 scale vehicles have issues from the factory but it's generally an easy fix. The only 1/10 scale vehicle to come with foams from the factory is the Volcano monster truck. Their 1/8 brushless vehicles are pretty impressive though but could use some beefier suspension pieces. The brushless systems in them are easily as fast and powerful as a Novak HV. The 1/5 scale vehicles are very beefy but the 23cc motor is underpowered.

Basically if you can afford something more name brand I would probably go with it. Crawlers are an exception. They come with dual motors and 4 wheel steering that has 4 profiles adjusted from the radio. If you run a dual stick remote and control the motors independently it would be a force on the trail. Only problem is their bodies are funny shaped and all are too small.

There is decent aftermarket support for the 1/10 nitro vehicles in forms of aluminum upgrades and such. OEM support is actually very plentiful and parts are almost always in stock but most are online order only and must be shipped from Arizona. 1/10 wheel sizes are standard 12mm hex and 1/8 vehicles are 17mm hex so not sure what the other guy was talking about. Just put a set of Slash wheels on a Vortex EPX Pro (brushless SC Truck of theirs) and it not only looked better but fit easily.
Hope this helps.