100 degrees and burnin up my titans?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100 degrees and burnin up my titans?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 100 degrees and burnin up my titans?

ok first woohoo I just got my e revo after much though and contemplating and forum browsing/posting I got the e revo non brushless due to many I can upgrade later.

coulple quick noob ?'s
1. I have google and searched everywhere for the speed of this animal and only the brushless offers a speed that I have found. Mine is stock right out of box with 7 cell 4200 mah batteries any rough estimates what this is?

edit: finally found this answer on traxxas
says over 30 mph

2. It is 100 degrees here and I noticed my motor and esc were hot to me. Kinda couldn't keep your finger on it it was that hot. Just running on dad grass. So does the 100 degree affect that? I am going to get a temp gun but just got it today and trying to stay safe with it.

3. and finally to jump with it. It is my uinderstanding that higher weight oil is better for jumping. It comes with 30 should I go higher?

I am also thinking about rasing it a bit for jumping to avoid bottoming out. not sure though. I haven't jumped it yet.

I am busy though searching this forum for all kinks of info

thanks

Last edited by rcmonster77; 07-30-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IDK about the brushed but i know that my brushless gets hot as well if its a hot enough day ill reach maybe 170c on the motor and 150c on the speed controller but thats running insanely hard lol. they tend to stay fairly cool if you ask me.... and i run 55 weight oil in all for of my shocks with the #2 dampners and it works quite and as far as raising it up it will help some but then it get quites tippy and harder to drive.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmonster77
ok first woohoo I just got my e revo after much though and contemplating and forum browsing/posting I got the e revo non brushless due to many I can upgrade later.

coulple quick noob ?'s
1. I have google and searched everywhere for the speed of this animal and only the brushless offers a speed that I have found. Mine is stock right out of box with 7 cell 4200 mah batteries any rough estimates what this is?

edit: finally found this answer on traxxas
says over 30 mph

2. It is 100 degrees here and I noticed my motor and esc were hot to me. Kinda couldn't keep your finger on it it was that hot. Just running on dad grass. So does the 100 degree affect that? I am going to get a temp gun but just got it today and trying to stay safe with it.

3. and finally to jump with it. It is my uinderstanding that higher weight oil is better for jumping. It comes with 30 should I go higher?

I am also thinking about rasing it a bit for jumping to avoid bottoming out. not sure though. I haven't jumped it yet.

I am busy though searching this forum for all kinks of info

thanks
usally a brushed motor will run really hot espically in a monster truck but i work in a hobby shop and i see thoose motors all the time go bad
Old 08-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

And running in grass as you said puts lots more load on it than running in dirt or on pavement. Alot more resistance to rolling.