Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Savage Flux HP vs. Brushless E-Revo >

Savage Flux HP vs. Brushless E-Revo

Savage Flux HP vs. Brushless E-Revo

Old 08-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sorry, but I prefer outa box convienence.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Understandable, but for some of us we like the DIY aspect of the hobby and making something that noone else can just go buy off of the shelf.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation erevo vs. savage flux

I dont see how one could be better then the other they both have there advantages over each other that would make the better then the other. For example the erevo has its race winning suspension and design while the savage has its toughness. They both have the same powerplants for an motor and speed controller so i dont know how they could of picked out that the savage is a much better truck which in my case is hardly true i would say they are the same!
Old 08-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ride1226
Losi you always kill me. I have been dreaming of building one of these forever. Right now between the mini mgt3.0 brushless and my 3.3 converted electric revo I have tons of big truck fun but I was looking hard into building one of those. Just never found the perfect deal. Very clean truck that guy has there, doesnt look like the 2200 in it though, looks kinda like a neu or something cant tell.
Yeah, its a Neu.

Well, you knwo me. When I finish mine it may be up for sale. Mine will have a Feigau 8XL with MM speed controller though, on 5S. Should hit 50 no problem with 420 size wheels.

Freezebyte, out of the box convinience meens you still have money to spend to correct the ares where the maufacturer cut corners to reduce costs. You have your mind set on a RTR and I respect that but just remember that just because its RTR doesnt mean its reday to run
Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by losifiend
Yeah, its a Neu.

Well, you knwo me. When I finish mine it may be up for sale. Mine will have a Feigau 8XL with MM speed controller though, on 5S. Should hit 50 no problem with 420 size wheels.

Freezebyte, out of the box convinience meens you still have money to spend to correct the ares where the maufacturer cut corners to reduce costs. You have your mind set on a RTR and I respect that but just remember that just because its RTR doesnt mean its reday to run
I yawn at all your little banters about losi

If the LST was so good it'd be a lot more popular than it really is. And yes, I've raced a BL LST2 with a BL FLM Emaxx, and spanked it. I'm sure I still have pics of my emaxx some where.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Hes not quite all Losi, since I know personally since I own his old AE mini mgt 3.0. His phylosophy is correct though, you save so much money that you get to do it right for the same if not less cost than buying a RTR then having to fix what corners they cut to make the truck cheaper. How much did your FLM emaxx cost you to build? Truck cost, FLM parts cost, complete electronics upgrade cost? As compared to buying a roller and just putting all the correct stuff in it the first time and being done with it and just getting to drive.

Losi, Ill take it. Haha. JK. Hopefully I can keep myself happy with the trucks I have now. I just installed a Novak HV system into the mini mgt3.0 after busting the shaft on the other motor. Maybe Ill get a chance to test it out today.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
......and spanked it.
And I bet your palms are hairy enough to prove it arent they

The LST, LST2, XXXLST has a huge following. Look at its price compared to the fecal matter that Traxass puts out? Price has a lot to do for people. EMaxx is $385 or so. XXLST is $620. N00bs like to plug and play so for you to argue that the Emaxx is better just because of sales volume shows that your clains are as weak as your mind.

Adam Drake beat all your presious little Revos with pretty much a box stock LST2 at the last ROAR nats. There were no E/Tmaxx trucks in attendace. Nuf said....Now get back to choosing which RTR truck will be modified next with quality Integy parts
Old 08-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Now get back to choosing which RTR truck will be modified next with quality Integy parts
ROFL. Sorry. Hell I like both trucks but outta everything I would want something different than the rest.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

I think it is funny that you assume I bought a rtr all this talk about rtr when that's also how the lst comes, such assumptions you make. I understand you think because adam drake won nats means the lst is the best, but not even lose. Adam drake would win with ANY truck. Also what other major drivers were even in that race ... Grow up a bit.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
I think it is funny that you assume I bought a rtr all this talk about rtr when that's also how the lst comes, such assumptions you make. I understand you think because adam drake won nats means the lst is the best, but not even lose. Adam drake would win with ANY truck. Also what other major drivers were even in that race ... Grow up a bit.
You make no sense. I mentioned RTR because you claimed that the Emaxx was more popular than teh LST and last I checked neither truck came as a kit. Relevent? Yes. I never once said you bought or have a RTR. For all I know you built your high quality race truck() from a roller.

Major drivers? Son, it was a ROAR Pro MT class race. You have to be a good driver to make the A main....You race much? Tell me which Pro Driver chooses a Revo?....NONE!! FYI, Mike Truh was also in that race, in second place with an LST2 till he flamed out after a crash and DNF.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

You make no sense. I mentioned RTR because you claimed that the Emaxx was more popular than teh LST and last I checked neither truck came as a kit. Relevent? Yes. I never once said you bought or have a RTR. For all I know you built your high quality race truck() from a roller.

Major drivers? Son, it was a ROAR Pro MT class race. You have to be a good driver to make the A main....You race much? Tell me which Pro Driver chooses a Revo?....NONE!! FYI, Mike Truh was also in that race, in second place with an LST2 till he flamed out after a crash and DNF.
... The Emaxx IS more popular than the LST... All Traxxas products are... You are delusional, and trying to explain anything to you just isn't possible. It'd be like SavageSam claiming the HPI Savage is the bestest MT because he won the Australian Nationals with it. Are you going to discredit him? I'm sure he smashed up some LSTs in that race, and that's with a 'clunky' Savage.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Freezebyte
Yeah, I read it and I can't find a web link for it
its in the latest xrc mag
Old 09-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Freezebyte
RC-Car Magazine did an amusing article on the Flux vs eRevo and the Flux won. *duh*

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I have that issue and the ERBE won, dont know what you were reading.
Like everybody else they said the Flux is a basher and ERBE a racer and in the overall winner part of the article they give the win to the ERBE.

I do agree with you tho the article was amuseing. The racing test they ran them around an open field and the ERBE smoked the Flux untill the guy driveing the ERBE couldnt drive it and ran off course so they gave the win to the Flux in that test.

Tests
driveing around an open field-winner Flux
Longest wheelie-winner Flux
Drag Race-winner ERBE
Durability-winner ERBE

Quote from mag

"OVERALL WINNER"
"You can't really go wrong with either of these trucks.Both are capable of crazy top speeds,back flips,wheelies and blowing tires off rims.
Both are tough as rocks, but we dont like to end things with "Everybody Wins."Based on our testing, it ended 2-2 in our format, but we are going to give the trophy to the Traxxas E-REVO brushless. It's fast, it handles a bit better(although the insanity of the Savage HP is fun) and it surprised us by keeping up with the legendary Savage durability."
Old 09-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

e revo is better
Old 09-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sLaSh It UPP
e revo is better
i strongly disagree with that

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.