dual disk brakes
heavy duty chrome dogbones
new dogbone cups

now for the stock stuff:

electronics
diffs
chassis plates
driveshafts
spur gear (original one from like 3 years ago)
tie rods
throttle brake linkages
servo's
Attached Thumbnails let's see some nice aluminum/part alum savages-savage-25-001.jpg   let's see some nice aluminum/part alum savages-savage-25-002.jpg   let's see some nice aluminum/part alum savages-savage-25-003.jpg   let's see some nice aluminum/part alum savages-savage-25-004.jpg   let's see some nice aluminum/part alum savages-savage-25-005.jpg  

Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wow. your calling my truck a POS junker and you dont even have an engine.
nice......
Old 05-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

actually i do have an engine, i just put a screw in to hold the rear end in since im not done with my truck yet.. still wanna take a chassis plate off so i can copy them for the truck that im building.. same with the engine mount plate.. in the pics it doesnt have the driveshafts, tie rods, skidplates, bumpers, engine and fuel tank in it.. i have an STS .28 to put back in it, just wanna do some more stuff to it first. a friend runs the STS .30 will see if i can get some pics of his.. its nicer than mine..
Old 05-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by savage.25
actually i do have an engine, i just put a screw in to hold the rear end in since im not done with my truck yet.. still wanna take a chassis plate off so i can copy them for the truck that im building.. same with the engine mount plate.. in the pics it doesnt have the driveshafts, tie rods, skidplates, bumpers, engine and fuel tank in it.. i have an STS .28 to put back in it, just wanna do some more stuff to it first. a friend runs the STS .30 will see if i can get some pics of his.. its nicer than mine..
well when you bend those GPM arms, hit me up. i have a full set that i bought and never use cause it made my truck WAYY to heavy.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok i talk to you in about 3 years.... i've been running my GPM arms for just over a year now and no problems other than a few scratches from the rocks. just took off a chassis plate, traced it onto a sheet of aluminum i had laying around and put it back on... now just gotta cut out 2 chassis plates, 2 skidplate thingy's and 1 engine mount plate and im good to go.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MoparRules
well when you bend those GPM arms, hit me up. i have a full set that i bought and never use cause it made my truck WAYY to heavy.
There you go again old fart. Never anything good to say. You must be lonely. If this was me I would be bored too.http://www.boingboing.net/2009/04/23...asered-at.html
Old 05-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Outlaw420
There you go again old fart. Never anything good to say. You must be lonely. If this was me I would be bored too.http://www.boingboing.net/2009/04/23...asered-at.html
o f;ck off you retard. just because i dont pussyfoot around and say "o kool what a nice truck i bet its really stong" dosent make any difference. i call out the truth. aluminum is crap for bashing.

savage.25: what are you doing to the TVPs? just gonna make them thicker?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

no actually the piece of aluminum i had laying around is the same thickness as the stock savage 25 chassis plates.. i have most of the parts to build another stock savage 25 since i've been keeping all the stock parts from the sav 25 i have now as im upgrading parts. im making 2 skidplate metal thingy's, 1 engine mount plate and 2 chassis plates.. depending on how they turn out (am going to sand all scratches out and polish the shit out of them) i might put them on the savage i have now, if i dont like how they turn out then i'll throw them on the sav im building.. once its built i'll sell it. i have shocks w/springs, radio box, a-arms upper/lower, rims/tires, tranny, fuel tank, skidplates, bumpers, stock .25 engine w/carb, single disk brake, steering blocks, c-hubs, exhaust pipe and dogbones.. i need diffs,spur gear, clutch,servo's, throttle brake linkage and driveshafts and electronics. oh sorry guess i do have the throttle/brake linkage.. just found em'
Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by savage.25
no actually the piece of aluminum i had laying around is the same thickness as the stock savage 25 chassis plates.. i have most of the parts to build another stock savage 25 since i've been keeping all the stock parts from the sav 25 i have now as im upgrading parts. im making 2 skidplate metal thingy's, 1 engine mount plate and 2 chassis plates.. depending on how they turn out (am going to sand all scratches out and polish the shit out of them) i might put them on the savage i have now, if i dont like how they turn out then i'll throw them on the sav im building.. once its built i'll sell it. i have shocks w/springs, radio box, a-arms upper/lower, rims/tires, tranny, fuel tank, skidplates, bumpers, stock .25 engine w/carb, single disk brake, steering blocks, c-hubs, exhaust pipe and dogbones.. i need diffs,spur gear, clutch,servo's, throttle brake linkage and driveshafts and electronics. oh sorry guess i do have the throttle/brake linkage.. just found em'
i think i have some of these things. i know i have drive shafts for a savage x 4.1 but i dont think they would fit on the 25. the x is a low CG chassis. i definatly have a spur gear setup. i have 2 SF1 servos too. if you want em PM me. i dont need them so ill let them go cheap. i actually cant use them. i have 2 SF2 servos in mine, XL conversion so different DS's and a RRP spur gear. all these parts are from a almost never used savage x 4.1 donor truck i got for $50.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Nice truck! How much weight did the aluminum add? I want to get a few hopups but some people say it adds too much weight.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

i just spent 2 1/2 hours getting her back together.. the rear end on, driveshafts in, engine is in,body posts in, got my roll cage mounts in... just gotta put the tank, body, skidplates and bumpers on and tie rods and it'll be good to go..

moparrules- hey i'll look around here for some of it first and i'll let you know..

fishymamba- depends on how much of it you add.. im guessing on mine prolly not more then 2-3 lbs... weight to me doesnt really matter since i got the power to push it around. its all durability too, some people stick with the plastic a-arms some dont like me, if you dont want to geo the aluminum route, they do make adjustable upper a-arms in plastic and in aluminum.. the nice thing about aluminum if there is a certain thing you want to be a different color then you can have it.. if you go plastic its all black. you can get alum parts in blue,silver, green, purple.. my savage started out purple but that quickly changed as i didnt want a girly color. here's the almost finished product. i got a jeep rubicon body that i gotta paint up still but im running the stock truck body right now. enjoy.. i have probably around the 700-800 dollar CDN mark into this truck just in upgrades.
Attached Thumbnails let's see some nice aluminum/part alum savages-savage-25-019.jpg   let's see some nice aluminum/part alum savages-savage-25-020.jpg   let's see some nice aluminum/part alum savages-savage-25-021.jpg  
Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

oh and the exhaust is not the stock pipe, its a savage Outlaw race pipe. since this engine has not been broken in yet i will put the stock pipe on to break it in then switch pipes.. the outlaw pipe is apparently really fucking loud, (they even warn you to wear hearing protection on the package) but will give you more grunt in the bottom to mid range. if i wanted to i could throw it on a friend's sav x with a STS .30 and see how it sounds but i'll probably wait and just mount it on mine.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Cool

Hey guys. I picked up a Savage with some aluminum and titanium. The guy I bought it off wasn't to knowledgable about it. I identified a bunch of hardcore stuff on it. The integy stuff is easy to ID as their name is on it. Having a little trouble IDing the bulkheads and braces. Near as I can tell it's GH, but looks like hardcore quality. Can't find any hardcore bulkheads on line (don't know if they ever made them). Any input here would be great. BTW going to loose the Integy shocks and get LST shocks in there.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

nice looking savage!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

MY Flux... just getting started

My all black savage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.