Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please help with choice

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Please help with choice

I know that this question has bean beat to death but I have a new twist on it. I drive truck over the road, and want a truck that can I can take the frustrations of the road out on. It must be rugged as I can't always get to a lhs (it's hard with a 53' trailer). The lhs at home stocks HPI and AE parts. I'm torn between the Savege 4.6 and Mgt 4.6 (yas I know that I need to move quick to get the Mgt). I've heard good and bad about both. No I don't want electric, yes I was a mechanic so I know haw to work on any vehicle. Yes I have an inverter in my rig so I can charge the recever and transmitter batteries. Please any help would be greatly taken. No I don't want to start an arguement but I suppose that by asking this it's impossible not to. Thanks everyone in advance.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I only have had experience with the MGT, and it can take a beating. The only things I have broken have been the front shock tower and the body posts, not because they are poorly designed, but because it was 10 degrees out and I decided to hit a car and flip it with no body on and land on the road. There are two recommendations I can make though, if you are going to be doing some serious bashing: a roll cage (the stock handle thing is absolute crap, and you only need this if you run without the body, which I tend to do), and to get a new muffler such as the JP-4, which made it come alive for me.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would go with the HPI Savage because it's very durable
Old 02-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Get the savage xl. The xl is very quick and can take a beating. If that is too expensive then get the savage 4.6. Both are great trucks.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

out of the mgt ans savy id go with a savy there tough but if you had another choice id look at the new LSTxl cause there tough and a added bonus you get a spectrum dsx3 radio system with telementery with it and there awsome radios and a very good truck also it has a spin/pull start combo to incase your forget to charge the batts on the starter wand but if its onley out of the mgt and savy id take a savy anyday
this is just my opinion

LST is king
Old 02-27-2009, 04:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'd go with a Sav - mine have been like a rock, no probs.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

no to hi jack the thread but i was looking at the xl too but i might want to start racing in my lhs's monster truck class,should i get the revo? is there an easy conversion to make the xl electric. thanks you guys!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

If you are gunna race either get the revo or the HPI hellfire.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)

Originally Posted by snowboard094
If you are gunna race either get the revo or the HPI hellfire.
he's taking it with him over the road . lst2 gets my vote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hardhead
he's taking it with him over the road . lst2 gets my vote

he refearing to me i belive.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Rookie

I would go with the Losi but the closest lhs doesn't carry parts for them. The Savege xl is to big for the space I have in the truck. Sorry that it took me this long to get back on some of these replys but I get internet when I can. I will almost never have to worry about dead batts so roto/drill starts don't matter. What about the Mgt 8.0 after sealing the mill? I'm right that it's the same size as the 4.6 right?
Old 03-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

GO LSTXL and muggify it if you wanna race and put the revo in its place .........J/K the revo is ok but i feel its over rated and the LST is kust as much if not more capable of winning as a revo or anything else
Old 03-01-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by brentmorl
GO LSTXL and muggify it if you wanna race and put the revo in its place .........J/K the revo is ok but i feel its over rated and the LST is kust as much if not more capable of winning as a revo or anything else
UH OH....here we go again.

LST/2/XL....great truck!
MGT...great truck!
Revo...great truck/ggy!
Hellfire....great truggy!
T-maxx/E-maxx...sure great lil truck!

Get a Savage
Old 03-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by brentmorl
What all does it take to muggify an lstxl?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

When your out on the road, parts availability will be better for HPI. MGT are OK. but overall toughness in my mind goes to the Savage. I dont have either one, I have a LST2 and like it better than either of those 2, but for general bashing and local parts , its hard to beat a Savage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.